Sony or Olympus for a start?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom_kkh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Guys, I am looking for a recreational start to underwater photo taking.

Which one would u guys recommand? I am stuck with sony cybershot and the new olympus underwater series.

Are is there any other brands that might be worth to be considering?

thanks in advance

I would find a camera you like to use for topside shots, then find a housing for it. Be sure a housing exists before buying. When you say stuck with these two cameras...do you have model numbers?

I would find a camera you like to use for topside shots, then find a housing for it. Be sure a housing exists before buying. When you say stuck with these two cameras...do you have model numbers?

No model in particular, i am open to any brand. Just don wish to rush for it and regret after one dive.

Olympus has some great options. The underwater housings they make are pretty good. Our favorite option is the SP350 because it allows you to do full manual and you can use TTL with strobes, but they no longer sell those cameras. You may be able to find some places still selling it. I do know that Cathy Church is still selling it in her store.

Back
Top Bottom