Sony NEX-5, Nauticam housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I slapped a modified iPhone screen shield over it. Ideal? Nope. I did try it in the pool and it worked fine. My only suggestion is if you go this route, don't use the anti-glare. It makes the viewfinder blurry.

I bought a shield for an Amzon Kindle, thinking one sheet would give me several screens once cut to size. I've dove with it twice now and I must say that I had to take it off today and throw it away. It does not say any the package that it has an anti-glare coating but it blurs the image significantly. I'm going to have to look for one that does not have an anti-glare coating now, if anyone has an idea, let me know.

If dove the camera twice in less than ideal conditions and I must say that the camera functions are getting a bit easier to fine my way around but to date I have not taken many "Wall Hanger" photos, yet. I am very happy with the shutter lag speed as my old camera had such a lag that it made it difficult to catch faster moving fish like the small slippery dick wrasse, I have already had some good success with the new Nex-5 as it has some quick fire action. I'm really looking forward to geeting a few more dives with it. I'll post a few of my better photos in a few minutes.

Here are a couple of my better shots form yesterday in less than ideal conditions mainly with the macro adapter:

DSC00464.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

I love the 3rd picture - but they all look fantastic.

Thanks. I just love Blennies too! They are definately my favorite fish to shoot, and man are they patient with me as I fumble with the settings and macro lenses.

I love the 3rd picture - but they all look fantastic.

Hi

have long been a silent reader, but now I've signed up and am looking forward to interesting discussions. Please excuse my bad english.

@ MRXRAY,
Nice shots! What lenses you have used?

I get my Nauticam NA-NEX-5 housing last week and it makes fun to dive with it. The weight is nice and a good choice for traveling. The first two dives, i have used the 16mm, Fisheye and Domeport, here are some examples.

Dive Site:
Switzerland, Lake Constance, Goldach Rietli

2011-04-21_14h-13m-51s.jpg

2011-04-21_14h-45m-50s.jpg

2011-04-21_19h-38m-49s.jpg

2011-04-21_19h-44m-23s.jpg

2011-04-21_20h-08m-03s.jpg

Tino

Nice pictures, Tino.

I have the 16mm lens but I have not bought the fisheye adapter or dome port yet, so I was using the 18-55mm lens.

Your Photos look awesome Tino! I'm ordering my dome port tomorrow!

Three new pictures from tonight with the E 18-55mm and two INON S-2000...

Dive Site:
Switzerland, Lake Constance, Goldach Badi

2011-04-28_19h-49m-21s.jpg

2011-04-28_19h-58m-51s.jpg

2011-04-28_20h-02m-53s.jpg

Tino

Tino, Can you provide some info on what seems to be working best for you in terms of camera setup? Are you shooting in Apreture Priority? Using the Auto White Balance setup? I'm trying to leave as much as possible in auto mode and work my way toward manual as I explore the camera's functions and capabilities, and even tried some SCN settings but I have not been real happy with my results and haven't gotten the quality photos I've been hoping for. Here are a couple using the 18-55 lens from this weekend. I shot these in AP at 3.5 or 4.0 with a single Inon S2000

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

Tried a Pana shot.....

DSC00813.jpg

Back
Top Bottom