Sony hc7 or hvr-a1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have the Sony A1U and the Amphibico EVO Pro housing. I have been very happy with the como, but have never used the HC-7 myself for a comparison. I really like the one push WB, and external access to the exposure controlls that the EVO Pro offers. I have a standard external monitor, and would love to get one of the new Amphibico HD external monitors to replace it, but still cannot justify the $$.

Another thing to consider is the differences between a top mounted monitor and a fixed rear mounted monitor.

The main advantages of the fixed rear are less bulk, more streamlined and the "cool" factor.

The top mount advantages include:
- access to the viewfinder if the monitor goes bad or batteries run out
- versatility to tilt and/or rotate the monitor (great for macro, lush reefs, creatures down/in the reef)

I frequently tilt my monitor up, holding the housing below me. This lets me film the creatures without damaging the coral/reef. It also lets you get creative with your angles. Up angled shots makes the creature look bigger than a down angled shot.

Hey guys, thanks for the tips. I called B&H in NYC and they cleared it uip for me and we will not be making that purchase. So much for dealing direct with the manufacturer huh? B&H knew more about Amphibico's product than they did...lol such is life I guess

MM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom