Sony DSLR A550 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markusde

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I think I looked for a housing for the sony alpha a 550 before and couldn't find one. I could find them for the models above and below but not for that one.
scuba bear

I believe (from DEMA) that BSKINETICS has a more or less universal housing that is designed for the A550.
From BS
"The Gibson underwater housing was developed for consumer digital SLR camera models such as the Canon 550D, Sony A550 and Panasonic GH2. Like all BS Kinetics camera housing, it is built using carbon fibre and epoxide resin, along with stainless steel, POM and saltwater-proof aluminium. These components can be used to make very light waterproof housing which can be used at a diving depth of up to 160m. Therefore, casing suitable for the purposes of technical divers can also be supplied."
Give them a call. Don't know of a U.S. distributor though.
http://www.bskinetics.com/languages/en/photo_en/gibson_en.html
Bill

and unfortunately, priced accordingly. But the carbon fiber certainly looks cool. Great way to get the girls (so I have been told)
Bill

Hello , I am facing the same problem here... I will be in SA Next July for diving along with Sharks and I want to use my A550 's amazing pictures...
were you able to locate any housing for the Alfa 550 ? Other than BSKINETICS ?

Back
Top Bottom