Question Sometimes my notifications don’t show up in the bell on the threads I’m watching?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open Ocean Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199

Scubapro Mk19EVO: Teardown, discussion and comparison​

i’m following this thread,:in the last couple days I’ve seen zero notifications in my bell.

Scubapro Mk19EVO: Teardown, discussion and comparison​

i’m following this thread,:in the last couple days I’ve seen zero notifications in my bell.

If you haven't posted in the thread and want notifications, you have to select "watch thread"

Also make sure your Alert Preferences are the way you want them:

I’m watching this thread see below, and in preferences all alerts are check. Seems to be intermittent. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t.
1641603505710.jpeg

Could it be related to a time delay? I often see a new post in Watched threads and get an Alert several minutes later.
No because I found it by looking at new posts, it’s was posted a couple of days prior and I never got an alert.

Me to. That thread about pony bottles for new divers that's got out of hand, I am watching it, got a bunch of alerts when it first started then nothing, not that I am interested in it anymore, still shows a bell. But zero alerts

I have had this problem from the first year I was on ScubaBoard. You usually get a notification about threads in which you are participating, but often you don't. I can't put a number on often, but it is by no means rare. I would say it has happened 5-6 times a week over the last 17 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom