Something's 'afoot'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just caught that as well...and yeah, I am diving in CR over the long weekend and thought the same thing...not something I really want to see or find...

I just read this in the news also about the fake foot and it just make my blood boil. The person that did this should have their on foot cut off and see how funny it is. This is nothing to joke about just to gain media attention.

I just read this in the news also about the fake foot and it just make my blood boil. The person that did this should have their on foot cut off and see how funny it is. This is nothing to joke about just to gain media attention.

Reports I've seen said the animal paw was "skeletonized" ie: it came from an already dead animal. I suppose it doesn't make the fact that someone tied up umpteen thousands of dollars of resources trying to be funny but I guess there is some consolation in the fact that the joker that did this didn't go and cut the foot off a living animal.

As for the human feet, preparing for the Olympics must have made you guys short of cement since it's obvious the West coast gangsters and drug dealers can't get any to dispose of their competition properly so that the bits don't float away..

It's pretty common and has been happening for years. It's just a combination of marine accidents and buoyant shoe material. There have always been shoes washed up on the beach, but now that there's so much publicity, everyone is looking closer at those shoes and finding what's in them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom