Something very wrong and we could help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
If you ever visit a dive news site known by it's very close name to the REAL news network cnn.com, you may have seen the article about a young Instructor that got injured while handling a nurse shark.

While I personally don't condone the handling of sharks in that manner, I am ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED that this man was attacked in the article in the manner he was. He was called a sex offender and worse.

For this young instructor because of a brutal attack on his character, he will be forever linked thru internet sources as having been a sexual predator simply because the editor of the diving "news" website has decided to smear this instructors character to further his own agenda.

What this web news site did was wrong and illegal, the question is does a young underpaid dive instructor have the resources to fight back?

I'm willing to donate $100 to his legal fund.

Please email dive@captainslate.com and let then know you are willing to help as well!

LETS HELP THIS MAN RESTORE HIS GOOD NAME!

Do you have a link to the article so we can read it?

Jcsgt:
Do you have a link to the article so we can read it?

a mod would have to post it, Scubaboard doesn't even let us use the name of the site.

WOW.
That's why I don't go to that website...ever. Except when you mentioned this.

That website doesn't report the news--they grossly overanalyze every little detail then talk about how wrong the person is in question. See the Steve Irwin article if you're curious of what I'm talking about. :shakehead :shakehead

No kidding, this is over the top however, even beyond the comments he has made on wreck divers and Steve...

go to news.google.com and search for shark molesting.

Poor taste and very unprofessional article, especially coming from the news editor.

amascuba:
go to news.google.com and search for shark molesting.
Thanks Going to google.......

Too bad that the website doesn't have any contact information to write and complain about the article to.

That site has been taken to task for copyright violations, libel, and a host of other unsavory practices. It has moved hosts after each successive host learns of their questionable practices.

There is an ongoing thread on TDS about boycotting their advertisers and it came to light that most of those businesses don't even give them money - as in no body supports the person behind that magazine, its some sort of personal website masquerading as "news".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom