Something very wrong and we could help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, James. I just read it. It's so dumb that I don't see how anyone could take it seriously. I wouldn't think this needs defense, as it's so hard to imagine anyone listening to such crap. Completely moronic writing.

cerich:
a mod would have to post it, Scubaboard doesn't even let us use the name of the site.
Alas, we're no more able than you...
But I can say it's quite similar to Cranky Divers News Network...

whois domain information on the website doesn't post any viable information to contact anybody either. Do you imagine that they don't want to be contacted over their content? Imagine that.

hmm.. Don't nurse sharks lack teeth?

Talk about outrageous! I know that Britain's tabloids are not known for their restraint, but this peice is waaaaay over the top. Not knowing the facts of the personal histories involved, I can't comment on some of the unsavory allegations about the instructor's past, but even if true (which I persoanlly doubt) they have no bearing on the matter at hand.

The personal attacks are gutless, are likely groundless, and have no place in rational discussion.

Hopefully, all of the REAL divers in the UK and Europe are on THIS site (and judging from the great comments I've seen from them to date, almost certainly are.)

Amazing -- I just can't get over how really bad this "reporting" is...

I've never seen that site before, but after nosing around for just a minute, it is very obvious that they have some very extreme views. A lot like PETA in fact. It's too bad they thought it was good journalism to bash that guys good name (even though what he did was not the smartest thing).

amascuba:
hmm.. Don't nurse sharks lack teeth?

No. Nurse Sharks most certainly do have teeth. Their teeth are smaller than some other sharks of similar size, but they are sharp can can do considerable damage. Sometimes a Nurse Shark will bite and not let go. I remember an incident several years ago in the Keys where a Nurse Shark had to be surgically removed from a young man's chest.

Walter:
No. Nurse Sharks most certainly do have teeth. Their teeth are smaller than some other sharks of similar size, but they are sharp can can do considerable damage. Sometimes a Nurse Shark will bite and not let go. I remember an incident several years ago in the Keys where a Nurse Shark had to be surgically removed from a young man's chest.

Thanks! I was trying to recall a conversation in my head from earlier in the summer with a charter captain. I remember him saying that they have extremely strong jaws and could essentially crush an arm, but I didn't remember him saying whether they have teeth or not. :)

amascuba:
go to news.google.com and search for shark molesting.

Poor taste and very unprofessional article, especially coming from the news editor.

Thanks... it worked... but now I feel a little dirty having to google search that term... :11:

Back
Top Bottom