Something to ponder for the newly qualified ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you.

great story...thanks for sharing.

Who are the "hardy souls" in the picture?
I have never been ice diving or diving when there was snow on the ground but have been when the air temps were in the mid to upper 30's and the bottom temps were in the upper 30's. And now that you mention it I kind of look like a Borg.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 235
Very good write-up ... and written with a humor that we need more of in here. It does point out that the environment you train in definitely matters to how well prepared you are to dive somewhere else. There are some things that you just won't understand without some local help and a bit of practical experience ...

SnowPics0032.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

This is how you define hardcore.
That sure is a lot of sand in that photo there... How did it get all over everything?
That was awesome. Thanks for the laugh, reminds me of a great Calvin and Hobbes cartoon.

All glory and honor (and credit) to the greatest cartoonist ever; Bill Watterson!!!

Attachments

• calvin-aliens-claim-fraud.gif
    calvin-aliens-claim-fraud.gif
    31 KB · Views: 204

Actually....
This is how you define hard core.... Taken at an Open Water course I DMed a couple of years ago :D
793848_10151216464696467_279720671_o.jpg

And... Yes... That is slush shes in...

Actually....
This is how you define hard core.... Taken at an Open Water course I DMed a couple of years ago :D
View attachment 182029

If I said I was in love, my old lady would deck me.

So I won't.

Say it out loud, that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually....
View attachment 182029

Kudos.

---------- Post added April 16th, 2014 at 02:28 PM ----------

'Calvin & Hobbes'; my day is complete :)

Crap! That'd be on the wrong post like :/

Last edited:

... no more so than going skiing or snowmobiling. You dress for it. Besides, around here the best visibility occurs in winter, when there's very little plankton in the water.

FWIW - Cheng would laugh at the notion of being "hard-core". She's a self-described scuba tourist. On the other hand, she recently spent two years living in a mud hut in sub-Saharan Africa with no electricity or running water. To my concern, THAT'S hard-core ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... no more so than going skiing or snowmobiling. You dress for it. Besides, around here the best visibility occurs in winter, when there's very little plankton in the water.

FWIW - Cheng would laugh at the notion of being "hard-core". She's a self-described scuba tourist. On the other hand, she recently spent two years living in a mud hut in sub-Saharan Africa with no electricity or running water. To my concern, THAT'S hard-core ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I agree. Ice diving and even cold water diving only looks hardcore to those that have never done it. Cheng's African experience in my opinion is hardcore...but then I have never done it so I lack perspective :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom