Some video fun...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here's an unfinished video I'm working on that I thought I'd share for a laugh. A friend of mine who works in film
has been talking to me about adding a common intro to my videos and trying to add narration, audio etc...
instead of just dubbing in other peoples songs.
It's a rough draft, or perhaps more accurately, a study piece.
The sound quality is poor and at points bogs down (program glitch).
I still need to work on it (right now from a kids keyboard no less)
but the goal is to try to create mood, theme etc...
I'm having fun exploring the process so far and learning a lot
Eventually, I'm working towards making video with all my own content,
even if it is a little cheezy :wink:

[video=youtube;ywoCw4cXE6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywoCw4cXE6c&feature=c4-overview&list=UU5zvhnU0XYpf_cadpYJYkhQ[/video]

Great video, thanks for showing it.

I don't think I'd use rope for the harness though. The material in DIVE, the complete book of skin diving, by Rick and Barbara Carrier, that you showed in the video are 2-inch webbing:
The materials needed can all be purchased at an Army surplus store and a hobby shop. Adjust the rucksack frame so the straps fit comfortably about the shoulders and the frame web is resting at the small of cthe back. Remove the looks of the rack and rivet the ends. Do this to both sides. Mark the straps where they converge to the front of the waist. The riveted jock strap should be marked at this point. See Fig. 119 for how to construct a safety-release buckle.

The following list of materials will be needed to build the harness: 1 army type rucksack frame, straps and boat, 5 feet of 2-inch canvas web straps, one grommet set and grommets, brass (these will also be used on other projects), one rivet set and rivets, brass.
The rope will work for those wearing a wet suit or neoprene dry suit, but will probably not be comfortable for someone wearing a thinner dry suit with minimal underwear, or who are actually "skin" diving using scuba. :wink:

Dale, what are you using to add the dialog to your videos. I've got one video I took in the USAF that I really need to add audio to to explain the mission, and what was happening (it's about the first trans-Pacific flight of helicopters which I participated in during August of 1970).
SeaRat

I'm tired of 2" webbing. It's rope or chainmail :)

I am using microsoft moviemaker, a video editing program that came on my computer. It's not great but it works for the basics. In the editing menu is a "caption" icon that allows you to add words. I have spent way too much time learning how to use that program - video is a good way to waste an evening and the more I learn, the more I see I need to learn.

I am using microsoft moviemaker, a video editing program that came on my computer. It's not great but it works for the basics. In the editing menu is a "caption" icon that allows you to add words. I have spent way too much time learning how to use that program - video is a good way to waste an evening and the more I learn, the more I see I need to learn.

DaleC,

Are you a Mac user? iMovie is incredibly simple to use. Most things that we novices would want to do with video are done intuitively when using iMovie. You don't even need a manual. (Is there one?)

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Cool video, where do you think all the salt is from?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom