Some pics from the Nordics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks cool Storker, no pun intended.

That said, I still hope you are saving up for a destination trip.
I know the perfect destination too :) We have lots of fish...

Storker might have to start a bit closer to home and work his way out to you, BoP.

That's funny. I've been thinking how can I figure out a way to go dive in the cool places Storker dives in. Seems pretty neat to me.

That's funny. I've been thinking how can I figure out a way to go dive in the cool places Storker dives in. Seems pretty neat to me.
His shots actually reminded me of the California kelp forests... lol except they have more fish :)

I still hope you are saving up for a destination trip.
"Dear..."
"Yes, dear?"
"I'm planning to spend our entire vacation budget on a dive trip for myself this year!"

I'm not quite convinced that that will turn out well...

Joking aside, I've resigned myself that an expensive liveaboard trip probably won't happen in the foreseeable future and am pretty happy we've got a bunch of pretty great cold water sites only a few hours' drive from home. But I'm slowly getting better at finding vacation destinations where I can go diving while SWMBO spends time at the beach.

There are heaps of things in Sydney to keep SWMBO entertained while we get in a few dives.... and we have a guest room. I've heard you are a great cook... wouldn't you just love to try cooking some kangaroo?

"Dear..."
"Yes, dear?"
"I'm planning to spend our entire vacation budget on a dive trip for myself this year!"

I'm not quite convinced that that will turn out well...

Joking aside, I've resigned myself that an expensive liveaboard trip probably won't happen in the foreseeable future and am pretty happy we've got a bunch of pretty great cold water sites only a few hours' drive from home. But I'm slowly getting better at finding vacation destinations where I can go diving while SWMBO spends time at the beach.

Thats actually what I was intending. Bali might have you covered. Why wouldn't Mrs. Storker enjoy Bali?

Or even Grenada?

I suppose the Egypt Red Sea isn't really on her radar, though perhaps you two could start in Jordan, enjoying the amazing topside sites, like Petra and Jerash, possibly the Dead Sea and then throw in Aqaba for her to rest up and you to dive?

So... Storker... Being a club man... You really should enter into the championship... qualifications end 1/5. Just do it!

So... Storker... Being a club man... You really should enter into the championship... qualifications end 1/5. Just do it!
Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not consistent enough to participate in photo contests. Occasionally I strike gold and end up with some shots I'm really happy with, but my normal output is average to average plus.

For me, UW photography is secondary to diving. On my last dive, I brought the camera, but ended up having the rig clipped to my harness through the whole dive. Vis sucked, the dive was deep-ish for me, and we were in a threesome. Forgetting about the rig and any compulsions to get good pics made for a much nicer dive. Almost zen-like.

Back
Top Bottom