Some pics from the Nordics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Storker

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
close to a Hell which occasionally freezes over
# of dives
100 - 199
Cold green water diving is more about bottom-attached life than abut free-swimming life. Here's some pics from the recent extended weekend.

20190414_SMOM6321.jpg
20190414_SMOM6323.jpg
20190414_SMOM6325.jpg
20190414_SMOM6330.jpg
20190414_SMOM6333.jpg
20190414_SMOM6341.jpg
20190414_SMOM6343.jpg
20190414_SMOM6344.jpg

No fish or did you scare them away?
Only a few, and they didn't make for good subjects. Too far away in crappy vis. The spring bloom is doing well, so we have some 4-5m vis down to some 30m. IME warm water diving is about free-swimming-life, cold water diving is about bottom life.

The quip "get as close as you can, then get a lot closer" is really relevant in cold green water. Decent pics up here are either shot as macro or as FE/CFWA.

I was wondering the same thing, many divers, no fish
It's pretty typical. Those schools of tiny fish that you blue water divers are used to seeing are uncommon here, and the larger free-swimming ones are usually skittish and at the edge of visibility or further away. You can always go hunting for blennies etc., but that's macro photography which requires a buddy willing to spend the whole dive in one spot.

:shocked:Those pics almost make me understand why people are willing to dive in drysuits! :giggle:

:shocked:Those pics almost make me understand why people are willing to dive in drysuits! :giggle:
LOL I was thinking the same thing!
Nice photos.

Looks cool Storker, no pun intended.

That said, I still hope you are saving up for a destination trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom