Some pics from Maui Sept 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StuartT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Some of the pictures from Maui last month.

Attachments

• Ahihi cove 5 graves shore dives 034.jpg
    Ahihi cove 5 graves shore dives 034.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Ahihi cove 5 graves shore dives 037.jpg
    Ahihi cove 5 graves shore dives 037.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Ahihi cove 5 graves shore dives 049.jpg
    Ahihi cove 5 graves shore dives 049.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 81
  • Ed robinson 2 tank sunday 150.jpg
    Ed robinson 2 tank sunday 150.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Ed robinson 2 tank sunday 216.jpg
    Ed robinson 2 tank sunday 216.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Ed robinson 2 tank sunday 164.jpg
    Ed robinson 2 tank sunday 164.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Ed robinson 2 tank sunday 180.jpg
    Ed robinson 2 tank sunday 180.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 3 tank Dive trip Maui 2011 004.jpg
    3 tank Dive trip Maui 2011 004.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 3 tank Dive trip Maui 2011 023.jpg
    3 tank Dive trip Maui 2011 023.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 78
  • 3 tank Dive trip Maui 2011 048.jpg
    3 tank Dive trip Maui 2011 048.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 78
  • 3 tank Dive trip Maui 2011 050.jpg
    3 tank Dive trip Maui 2011 050.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Copy of 3 tank Dive trip Maui 2011 043.jpg
    Copy of 3 tank Dive trip Maui 2011 043.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Copy of Lanai charter with dolphins 013.jpg
    Copy of Lanai charter with dolphins 013.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Lanai charter with dolphins 034.jpg
    Lanai charter with dolphins 034.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Lanai charter with dolphins 008.jpg
    Lanai charter with dolphins 008.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 81
Very nice!! I dove with Ed when I was there. Good Op!!

Oh, I envy you your Spanish Dancer -- I have never seen one of them in Maui, in all our trips.

What is picture #12? Is that a nudibranch? I've never seen anything like that, either.

Looks like you saw some great creatures!!! We dove with Ed Robinson's for 2 weeks this summer, check out our photos if you're interested.

http://divetraveladventures.shutterfly.com/maui

I've seen your pictures. They are awesome. The eel sticking out of the sand (freckeled I think), tuberculosis nudi, Spanish dancer nudi, yellow leaf scorpianfish were firsts for me as well as the dolphins underwater at Lanai. All in all some great dives and critters. A big south swell for the first week made shore diving along the Wailea coast undesireable so did a few more boat dives than planned. Ed's was great. Went with them 3 times. By the way do you and your husband dive in the PNW? We come down to Keystone and Edmonds a few times a year.

Oh, I envy you your Spanish Dancer -- I have never seen one of them in Maui, in all our trips.

What is picture #12? Is that a nudibranch? I've never seen anything like that, either.

It's a tuberculosis nudibranch. Big for a Hawaiian nudi. Probably about 6 inches by 4 inches.

I've seen your pictures. They are awesome. The eel sticking out of the sand (freckeled I think), tuberculosis nudi, Spanish dancer nudi, yellow leaf scorpianfish were firsts for me as well as the dolphins underwater at Lanai. All in all some great dives and critters. A big south swell for the first week made shore diving along the Wailea coast undesireable so did a few more boat dives than planned. Ed's was great. Went with them 3 times. By the way do you and your husband dive in the PNW? We come down to Keystone and Edmonds a few times a year.

Thanks, my husband upgraded to a DSLR this summer, so he's very pleased with how the August pictures turned out. Your shots of the Spanish Dancer and Tuberclosis Nudi are excellent!! We were lucky enough to see a Spanish Dancer on this trip (our first) but the Hawaiian Seahorse was the highlight of our trip. I'm always amazed that after nearly 200 dives on Maui that we still see something new just about every trip.

We don't dive in the Pacific Northwest....we're warm water wimps! Since we bought a condo in Kihei, we'll be diving mostly Hawaii for the next couple of years. :) TS&M dives in the Pacific Northwest (a lot!), you should try to hook up with her one of these days.

Yeah Tiffany from Ed's found both of the nudis. Love her speed on the dives. I think she is my favorite DM of their crew. We also saw Spanish dancer eggs on the backwall.

Tiffany, Joe, and Kim are the best critter hunters in our experience. They all go at the perfect pace for anyone who wants to search as well as anyone who wants to take photos.

Since we've been diving with ERDA for over 6 years, for us it's like diving with old friends, which can't be beat and keeps us coming back. :)

When are you returning to Maui? I see you have a place there....

Tiffany, Joe, and Kim are the best critter hunters in our experience. They all go at the perfect pace for anyone who wants to search as well as anyone who wants to take photos.

Since we've been diving with ERDA for over 6 years, for us it's like diving with old friends, which can't be beat and keeps us coming back. :)

When are you returning to Maui? I see you have a place there....

We try to get there once or twice a year. Usually in Sept or May.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom