Some pensacola diving questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shakespear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I hope this is the right place to post. Anyway I just got certified (cant seem to change my dives on the forum though) and my next chance for dving will be the middle of October. My brother lives there so I can stay with him. So my questions are:

Is it too cold? If not what do I need to wear?

What dive would you recomend for my dive level?

What shop would you recomend to book a trip out of?

Anything else I need to know?

thanks for your help! :D

Hey, Shakespear,

Pensacola has tons of diving available. Everybody's working on the Oriskany, but there's so many other places to dive. I'd be happy to help you out.

But to answer your questions: October is my favorite time of year. The water's still warm, but the air is cooling off. You'll need a 3 mil suit.

On diving: I recommend the Y-Knot (www.bluwateradventures.com) and not because on most days I'm the DM, but because even if I wasn't, Captain Dave runs a solid operation. Most days we leave at 6am and are back to the dock at 11:30am.

Book your trip out of Dive Pros (850) 456.8845. They'll hook you up.

Feel free to PM the DM if you have any questions.

Couple beach dives in the area that would be doable at your experience level as well. Pensacola Beach Reef, maybe Navarre Beach Pier, and if the road is fixed(don't know how much progress they are making) you can dive Fort Pickens Jetties. They'd make a great addition to your boat dives :)

The beach dives here can meet and exceed 20' visibility in Pensacola and Navarre, none that I know of will get you deeper than 25'ish unless you can get access to Fort Pickens(~55'ish).

The boat dives will typically far exceed 20' of visibility, but you'll have to stay pretty close inshore to stay within 50'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom