Some ol books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine's 1955 too.

I must have one of the few 1957 editions.

Although not so stated must be a second edition of the original 1955 issuance.

Interesting!

Must find a 1955 edition!

sdm

The "New Science of Skin and Scuba Diving" of was the book my dive club used in classes for OW certification in the early 1970's. I think my copy of it dates 1971, would have to look. I still have it. I also have a Hans Haas book, they gave them out at gas stations in Germany in the early 70's & we took a trip there to vist family on mom's side.

I must have one of the few 1957 editions.

Although not so stated must be a second edition of the original 1955 issuance.

Interesting!

Must find a 1955 edition!

sdm

Sam,
I'll keep this in the back of my mind as I just collect books for the info and am not concerned about editions, condition etc... If I find another copy I'll send you my 1955 edition. It's in good condition with only small tears along the border of the dust jacket.

Found this today. Not a diving book but may be of interest to some older military buffs.

Picture117.jpg

It is written like a text book with all the info one would ever need to create and place explosive charges. Want to blow bridges, roads, fall trees, calculate the charge required to breach 1" thick steel girders, create IED's from artillery rounds? Quite a dangerous book in the wrong hands actually. No date or publishing info in it at all except that it was printed by Paladin Press.

Picture119.jpg

Picture121.jpg

I am the original builder of Anthony's Key Resort on Roatan in 1967. There was an article in 1968-1970 about diving
off Roatan, with a goofy picture of me with this outrageous shirt and spear gun. Looking for a copy of the article/magazine.

John Adams johntadams1@gmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom