Some DOR 4 pics (aka: Ish find a frogfish)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ist dive in Basura was an 87 minute dive with a max depth of 54 feet. It was my very first dive in the area and I was completely astounded with the amount of living critters. Nowhere did I find more juvenile creatures concentrated in one area than Basura. After the dive, Dennis just cannot wipe his smile off his face until we descended again for the 2nd dive. Even Mike and Simon were so eager to dive again.

2nd dive was a longer one, 102 minutes with a max dept of 45 feet. More of the critters were found. Some were the same as in the first dive but the photographers including myself took no chances but to take shots again to get better pics. Sorry for not posting some of the pics yet, I've yet to upload them to the computer and perhaps later tonight I'll get to post a few.....maybe.

For those wannabee photographers like me, Basura is the place to practice taking pics. The absence of a current made picture taking and making adjustments just easy. It truly is one of the best dive sites for macro photography in Anilao. Word of caution though, if you're not into photography you might get easily bored especially if your buddy is a pro photographer who breathes like a fish and stays down like its forever. Believe me, you'll feel pangs of hunger.

clgsamson:
Ist dive in Basura was an 87 minute dive with a max depth of 54 feet. It was my very first dive in the area and I was completely astounded with the amount of living critters. Nowhere did I find more juvenile creatures concentrated in one area than Basura. After the dive, Dennis just cannot wipe his smile off his face until we descended again for the 2nd dive. Even Mike and Simon were so eager to dive again.

2nd dive was a longer one, 102 minutes with a max dept of 45 feet. More of the critters were found. Some were the same as in the first dive but the photographers including myself took no chances but to take shots again to get better pics. Sorry for not posting some of the pics yet, I've yet to upload them to the computer and perhaps later tonight I'll get to post a few.....maybe.

For those wannabee photographers like me, Basura is the place to practice taking pics. The absence of a current made picture taking and making adjustments just easy. It truly is one of the best dive sites for macro photography in Anilao. Word of caution though, if you're not into photography you might get easily bored especially if your buddy is a pro photographer who breathes like a fish and stays down like its forever. Believe me, you'll feel pangs of hunger.

gotta agree! i did 3 dives there in two days hehehe.

ehem! spotted my first orange frogfish, ronnie (the dm) got really excited! what a feeling! woohoooo!

iris_ice:
here's everything from my camera - useless as it was that second night when it ran out of batter (hmmmph!)... guess you just had to be there that night when my innocent eyes witnessed my first tequilla body shots :D not my body... guess whose :)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ibaula/album?.dir=/d8eescd&.src=ph&.tok=phYa75EBMjouz5YY

i thought it got posted a while ago.

It seems a photo has been taken off from the gallery...hmmm...Commissioner La Guardia got wind of it?:D

I saw it in time before it got deleted though...pretty controversial stuff...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom