Some Correlations Between Farting & Dcs.+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've received some inquiries as to what this study might mean for a diver's pre-dive dietary habits.

This study incorporated ingested products that divers would not be exposed to pre-dive, and in essence I do not see anything at this point that should overly worry the normal diver.

Practical suggestions for the diver who is concerned & would like to modify his pre-dive alimentation might include the avoidance high fiber & other foods that are difficult to digest/do not completely digest such as beans, peas, lentils, cabbage, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, whole-wheat bread, mushrooms, etc. It would also be prudent to avoid beer & other carbonated drinks. If you have any difficulty with dairy products, you may wish to stick with low-lactose or lactose-free varieties or consider using Lactaid, Dairy Ease or the like. Finally, don't overeat, eat slowly, chew food very well & move about some after a meal.

Cheers,

DocVikingo

This is educational only and does not constitute or imply a doctor-patient relationship. It is not medical advice to you or any other individual, and should not be construed as such.

So, antibiotics before diving = no?

Based on the cited study & other factors, there would appear to be no reasonable medical basis for the delay or interruption of treatment with a prescribed antibiotic simply because the patient was planning on diving.

Regards,

DocVikingo

This is educational only and does not constitute or imply a doctor-patient relationship. It is not medical advice to you or any other individual, and should not be construed as such.

I'm wondering where they got the dive gear for the rats to use. :D
GIJStScDvrBlk140914Small.jpg

Practical suggestions for the diver who is concerned & would like to modify his pre-dive alimentation might include the avoidance high fiber & other foods that are difficult to digest. It would also be prudent to avoid beer

So like, a couple of eggs and NO BEER? Sheesh.....talk about a deal-breaker......

Last edited:
You could also just try not diving with hydrogen as a diluent ;-)

Best regards,
DDM

My dive computer has a setting to enable "auxillary off-gassing".

My dive computer has a setting to enable "auxillary off-gassing".
I can do "auxillary off-gassing" without a computer...

well i have the initials gas and i do come by it honestly but tell the truth when im under water i didnt fart but AS SOON AS I SURFACED YAH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom