Some advice for cruising divers (or diving cruisers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just booked our next cruise. Celebrity, Eastern Caribbean (PR, St Thomas, St Martin, Nassau). Will soon have first hand info on dive ops on Celebrity also.

Rich

Do you see alot of sea sickness on the cruise ships? My wife is very prone to it and after our last boat outing she swore no more ocean trips. As she is a non diver we work together to ensure she gets her sightseeing in and I get my diving in, a cruise sounds like the best of both worlds....comments?

I too have a non diving wife who is also prone to sea sickness.
But after 8 or so cruises each time we learn a little more
Tell her to avoid citrus juices. Acid in the juice upsets your stomach!!
Drink lots of water or ginger ale
Dramamine helps ( non drousy )

Further to that I try do get my dives in the morning
She can enjoy the ship relax!!
Then we connect for a nooner & tour it seems to work well

richhagelin:
Just booked our next cruise. Celebrity, Eastern Caribbean (PR, St Thomas, St Martin, Nassau). Will soon have first hand info on dive ops on Celebrity also.

Rich
Can you recommend any dive ops in St.Thomas & St.Martin?
Thank you in advance!

Coki Beach for easy shore dives in St Thomas
Also Under Water Safari's @ Havensite Pier St Thomas

Hi Guys, 1st post here. We will again do the Holland of America Western Carribean Christmas cruise this year. Only this time with OW and NO2 certification!!! Yea!!! With all the scuba excursions offered, I was somewhat surprised that no classes were offered. We did do a SNUBA (scuba/snorkle hybred) shore dive at Cozumel and it was real great for the non-cert diver. After a 45 minute course on equalizing, mask clearing and etc., 6 of us dove to 25' teathered by our snorkle-regs to a raft with 3 cylinders. We towed that sucker for 30-45 minutes and were thrilled to get a sneek preview to what beauty and adventure awaits us this comming Christmas cruise!

thanks for the infor I'll be going on a cruise on may 22 RC and I'll be diving in Naussa, Bahamas. I think I'll go with the ships excursion. I was left behind once when I was a teen on a cruise. So I've been paranoid ever since. thanks for the info.
Quick question do you get the option of what type of dive IE(shark feeding, wall, drift etc) you do or is it whtever they got.

Good post and great idea. I want to look into a cruise. Any suggestions for a cruise from SoCal, where I live.

crestgel:
Princess and Carnival both sail out of SoCal. What month are you thinking of, and we can narrow down to each ship?

Back
Top Bottom