Solomons 2002-2003

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dec 26 2002 - 7th Jan 2003.

Ofcourse we had to do a NYE dive with glow sticks and all....

The cyclone was no where near where we were diving so everything was flat as a tap. Hope it didn't do too much damage - Solomons is still very pristine for diving.

Dee once bubbled...
Wish I could justify the upgrade!
Dee ~~
Happiness is wanting what you've got; not getting what you want.

Hey, Dee, perhaps its time to stop trying to be happy with what you've got and get what you want. Life is too short to not to enjoy a bit of frivolity. And you REALLY NEED a camera that does ultra macro shots.

SMKChef once bubbled...

Hey, Dee, perhaps its time to stop trying to be happy with what you've got and get what you want. Life is too short to not to enjoy a bit of frivolity. And you REALLY NEED a camera that does ultra macro shots.

Well, you see it's like this....I'm not trying, I really AM happy with what I've got and I've got just what I want. I can count the eyelashes on Gobies now, that's close enough for me.

I'll let someone else chase the newest, the biggest, the closest, etc. and I'll stick with the BEST! :wink:

Dee once bubbled...

Well, you see it's like this....I'm not trying, I really AM happy with what I've got and I've got just what I want. I can count the eyelashes on Gobies now, that's close enough for me.

I'll let someone else chase the newest, the biggest, the closest, etc. and I'll stick with the BEST! :wink:

LOL, What's the best, to you? I've owned the best, Olympus OM system, and just dumped most of it on ebay to pay for my 5050.

I checked out your pics site. Nice stuff. What camera do you use?

SMKChef once bubbled...

LOL, What's the best, to you? I've owned the best, Olympus OM system, and just dumped most of it on ebay to pay for my 5050.

I checked out your pics site. Nice stuff. What camera do you use?

I use an Oly C-4040, PT-010 and a single S&S YS90DX. It fits me perfectly, so for me it's the best!

I used to have a S&S MMIIexPro, a big rig with double strobes and 3 extra lenses, etc. I just got tired of it. The large Pelican case for traveling, the good to bad ratio of the pics from film, the hassle of the whole thing. I'd find myself leaving it behind more times than I'd take it along. Then I went digital and everything changed. I was excited about u/w photography again. Even with a housing, the rig is small and easy to manage. Yes...technically I could get better pics with a second strobe but I will not fall into that vicious circle again.

"Best" is different for everyone and has little to do with the cameras features.

My goal is to have to oldest C-4040 still in use by it's original owner! :D

Back
Top Bottom