Solo Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Northeastwrecks:

If you are comfortable with diving solo, then thats great. I totally respect that you have enough confidence in yourself to do that. I personally don't think I will ever try it, but more power to you if you enjoy it. Just stay safe. :)

Kayla:)

Originally posted by Kayla
Northeastwrecks:

If you are comfortable with diving solo, then thats great. I totally respect that you have enough confidence in yourself to do that. I personally don't think I will ever try it, but more power to you if you enjoy it. Just stay safe. :)

Kayla:)

Kayla, I think you'll find that a lot of folks feel like Northeastwrecks does on this point (although many won't say so publically). Remember one thing: a bad buddy is worse than no buddy.

There's an awful lot more to diving than you were taught in OW or AOW.

Tom

Originally posted by WreckWriter
Remember one thing: a bad buddy is worse than no buddy.

There's an awful lot more to diving than you were taught in OW or AOW.
Tom,
Remember another thing:
Kayla is 14 and hasn't even started OW class yet...

Kayla,
When you get done with your class...
Continue to dive with a buddy...

A free flow comes to mind. Of course all of us should be able to manage that problem however if I found myself in that situation I would drop the primary and use the octo while making my ascent to the surface to end the dive. I could ascend on the free flowing primary but IMHO switching to the octo would provide less task loading for the ascent.

You would not want to throw away a free flowing reg and start sucking on another especially originating from same first stage, and especally in cold water. With the double demand on the first stage you could easily start the other reg freeflowing. Now you would have both regs freeflowing depleting the air twice as fast. The best action is to breathe from the freeflowing prime reg as instructed and make an ascent.

JBD wrote
"A free flow comes to mind. Of course all of us should be able to manage that problem however if I found myself in that situation I would drop the primary and use the octo while making my ascent to the surface to end the dive. I could ascend on the free flowing primary but IMHO switching to the octo would provide less task loading for the ascent."

You would not want to throw away a free flowing reg and start sucking on another especially originating from same first stage, and especally in cold water. With the double demand on the first stage you could easily start the other reg freeflowing. Now you would have both regs freeflowing depleting the air twice as fast. The best action is to breathe from the freeflowing prime reg as instructed and make an ascent.

BTW, how do I get a quote in those neat small bold letters when I reply. Now you don't wonder why I like SPG. :)

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

Tom,
Remember another thing:
Kayla is 14 and hasn't even started OW class yet...

Kayla,
When you get done with your class...
Continue to dive with a buddy...

Thank you Pug. I was not aware of those factors.

Kayla, please do take Uncle Pug's advice.

Tom

BTW, how do I get a quote in those neat small bold letters when I reply. Now you don't wonder why I like SPG. :)

click the "quote" button under the post you want to quote (instead of reply button) then remove everything you don't want quoted outside of the brackets ([ ]).

And you're right about the freeflow too :mean:

Tom

Originally posted by WreckWriter

click the "quote" button under the post you want to quote

I guess I edited out too much, if it works, thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom