Solo Diving Dissertation Questionnaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Done.

If this is pilot research, for frequency of diving, you could ask about number of dives per year; that would cover people who are in areas where they dive only seasonally, and people who are in areas where they can dive year round.

Also, for the question about where people dive, some people could have a fairly even distribution of different dive sites, so maybe ask how often the respondent dives locally, how often they dive with travel, etcetera.

It would be interesting to hear, for solo dives, what redundancy, if any, people carry, e.g., gas, knives, mask, etc.

It would also be interesting to hear what level of risk people accept while solo diving, e.g., depth, current, etc.

Then in the statistical analysis, some of that could be correlated or compared, e.g., do divers with solo training accept more risk? Do divers with redundancy accept more risk? Etc.

Sorry, just a bunch of questions that crossed my mind. Good luck with this.

Last edited:
Hey there,
Thank you for your advice, indeed this is only a part of my research, I will be taking into account secondary research as well through an extensive literary review. Unfortunately forum's are not classed as an academic source therefore I will not be able to use them directly, I will however take note of what I read :)

It's a poorly-written questionairre

For instance:

#2 "How often do you scuba diver?" It should probably read "How often do you scuba dive?"

#8 What does anyone's level of certification have to do with solo diving?

It's a poorly-written questionairre

For instance:

#2 "How often do you scuba diver?" It should probably read "How often do you scuba dive?"

#8 What does anyone's level of certification have to do with solo diving?

How are you going to call out someone and not even spell words correctly?! And then hypenante poorly and written...

Ok I did it, but its a thin survey. Kinda makes me wonder if I just clicked to have something malicious gain access to my computer...

How are you going to call out someone and not even spell words correctly?! And then hypenante poorly and written...

LOL!
I nevre claymed to spell korrectly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom