• I have 1 sibling

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • I have 2 siblings

Votes: 28 29.5%
  • I have 3 or more siblings

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking at the poll data, I'm guessing that the need to get away from siblings to somewhere more quiet may have been the motivating factor for many who find doing things solo enjoyable. While the # of children per woman is probably lower now than it was when the majority of active divers were born (IIRR the diving average age demographic is in the forties now), there does seem to be an unusual number of solo divers with 3 or more siblings.

Guy

Last edited:
I have 4 siblings (none currently dive). My wife and 3 kids dive.

Interesting poll.... I guess like what dumpsterDiver said above, since I'm not an only child, it must be the ugly thing that makes me solo :D

Seriously, I just find it relaxing to sometimes go solo. But I really enjoy buddy dives as well.... I guess I'm just "conflicted" about what I really enjoy the most (and ugly :wink: ).

Best wishes.

I just love Diving. If the crowd wants to come along - no problem ( I can lose them if I reallywant to - just kiddin'). If no one want to join me well- "this where I'm going and this is when I'll be back.":mooner:

I have two siblings. We were all born in a three year period so we were very close. I did like to get way from them from time to time though :) Just like I like to get away from other people sometimes when I dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom