Solo Diver and Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are any sold anymore? I know some will display decompression info until a violation, like when you are using Nitrox and the backup computer is thinking air, but are there any that can be put into a bottom timer mode only?

My old Vyper falls in that category. It's $324 on Leisurepro

Suunto "Vyper" Air/Nitrox Wrist Computer, Silver

Adam

All,

Thanks for your input/suggestions. I decided today to resume using my Nemesis Nitrox II, and e-mailed for a return material authorization number so that I can return my computer to Cochran so that it can be serviced. It's been serviced--repaired, actually--only once since I purchased it new c. 1996.

Ultimately, I'll probably purchase a Suunto wristwatch style dive computer, but for now the Cochran will have to suffice: Today I re-certified DAN basic oxygen provider (original certification was c. 1994) and certified DAN advanced oxygen provider (first time), and now intend to purchase a scuba emergency oxygen kit soon.

Safe Diving,

Ronald

Opps, bad news. Just received a response from Cochran:

"The Nemesis II is no longer manufactured by Cochran; parts and calibration materials are no longer available for that model of dive computer. We were forced to cease all support for those units as a result. ..."

Guess I'll continue to use it either until it dies (being careful to download it often!) or until I can no longer download it at all!

Absolutely no complaints, though. My Nemesis Nitrox II has served me well. And Cochran customer service has been outstanding the two or three times I've had to use them over these past 15 or so years.

Safe Diving,

Ronald

nitek duo/trio
Cressi arch II
Cressi Sub-Edy

Are all capable of going into bottom timer "gauge" mode as I own all of them and have used them as such.

If you don't want to spend big money or time finding a right computer and/or configuration to mount your computer you can buy a Reefnet Inc Sensus Ultra for $100. It's a diver's black box. It records everything a standard downloadble computer records except Air, and NDL's.
Examples are:
- Temp
- Ascent/Descent rate
- Depth
- Max depth
- Dive time

It's downloadable and programable too.
(Programable in the sense that you can set it's activation depth, sampling rate, etc)

It's small and easy to mount in an obscure place. I had to buy one when I enrolled in my sci dive class and have mounted it ever since.

ReefNet Inc. | Sensus Ultra

If you don't want to spend big money or time finding a right computer and/or configuration to mount your computer you can buy a Reefnet Inc Sensus Ultra for $100. It's a diver's black box. It records everything a standard downloadble computer records except Air, and NDL's.

Thanks, g1138. I did not know about the Sensus Ultra. At first glance, it seems to fit precisely what I'm looking for. FYI, Cochran offers what seems to be a similar product in its Dive Data Recorders (Cochran Undersea Technology).

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Perhaps one of the best reason to dive with a computer is you can donate all the data to DAN
I think my local Hyperbaric Doc is hoping I'll donate my BODY to him. He's close to retirement age and looks at me impatiently when I see him in town...

I always wear two computers. These new-fangled gadgets seem to die a lot more often than plastic tables ever did, so you need a couple of them. Either that or a buddy, and they're even less reliable AND they drink you're post-dive beer.

..... you can buy a Reefnet Inc Sensus Ultra for $100. It's a diver's black box......
yeahh .. I have one of those; I bought it 2 years ago.

You buy it, you clip it to your BCD and you forget about it ......... now that you mentioned it........ I think I forgot where I put the download cable :depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom