Solenoid Alert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did find a local Revo owner where I hooked my Nerd up to his unit and it fired the solenoid. Oddly, his control unit would not talk to my unit ("No communication"). In any case, my Nerd is good, so the fault must now be associated with the battery box/solenoid driver.

Richard verified that the problem was in the Revo battery box (he said looked like corrosion under the cable strain relief on the outside of the box). There is no repair, just replacement so need to see if one is in the US, otherwise, from Belgium.

Battery box is coming from Belgium- but it can be as fast as from the Mares warehouse, so hopefully I'll get it wet again next week.

The new battery box is here, and my checks with it have the divecan nerd firing the solenoid. Now I just need to remember how to re-install the solenoid into the tray.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom