Closed SOLD: For Sale-NEW-GARMIN DIVE WATCH MK2s/Dive Computer for SALE (Multi-sport)

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAthumper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
GARMIN MK2s : Thank you to those who were interested, this watch was sold on the private market to another diver.

One of the moderators can move this post, but it should probably be in the classifieds section:

One of the moderators can move this post, but it should probably be in the classifieds section:

New member. They can't post in classifieds.

Given the large number of frauds around this (and SW) computers recently, I wouldn't purchase this from anyone unknown without seeing a receipt and serial number and verifying the purchase with the dive shop.

BLACK watch: I purchased this watch brand new from a PADI certfied dive shop on Catalina Island about 3weeks ago. It turned out not to be the model my boyfriend wanted and now I am lookiing to sell it so I can buy the right brand. It is brand new only take out of the box 1 time and has never been used. It comes with 2 different length bands and all the accessories that were in the manufactorers box including manuals and chargers. I liked the idea of GARMIN because the GPS is satellite and has onboard navigation instead of magnetic based compasses.

This dive computer is also a multi sport and smart watch. It tracks normal smart watch function, vital signs, fitness plans, altitude, sufing, runner and skiing fitness and much more. Video:
I am asking $1000 (which is less than I paid) and I will cover the shipping. If interested Please shoot me a text @ (480) 233-6511 or email AHawkins.CEP@gmail.com
Sorry, but GPS doesn't work underwater. The compass is for underwater.

It is $1010 on Amazon, shipping included.

Sorry, but GPS doesn't work underwater. The compass is for underwater.

It is $1010 on Amazon, shipping included.
New member. They can't post in classifieds.

Given the large number of frauds around this (and SW) computers recently, I wouldn't purchase this from anyone unknown without seeing a receipt and serial number and verifying the purchase with the dive shop.
We do in fact have the reciept from the dive shop with the serial number and price paid onsite. I apologize to everyone who jumped all over me for posting in the wrong place. As a new member to this site I tried to figure out the best place to post but did not have privilages to post it to the classifieds but did request a moderator to move it for me. Up until joining here I fel the wonderful support of the dive community, after being here this site has really shown me that dive board may not be the place for me...To the people who tried to be supportive thank you

We do in fact have the reciept from the dive shop with the serial number and price paid onsite. I apologize to everyone who jumped all over me for posting in the wrong place. As a new member to this site I tried to figure out the best place to post but did not have privilages to post it to the classifieds but did request a moderator to move it for me. Up until joining here I fel the wonderful support of the dive community, after being here this site has really shown me that dive board may not be the place for me...To the people who tried to be supportive thank you
We had people over the winter posting expensive dive computers for sale with no SB posting history. At least one member got scammed. The same sort of thing was happening on FB. That’s why the minimum post count was put in place for posting something for sale, as well as for sending DM.

So excuse us if we’re suspicious of someone with no SB history trying to sell a computer. We have been burned before. And we don’t know you from Adam.

Up until joining here I fel the wonderful support of the dive community, after being here this site has really shown me that dive board may not be the place for me.
Since you quoted me, I assume you are referring to me as being nonsupportive. I made two factual statements (the first about GPS and compasses) and the second about the price on Amazon. I'm sorry they perturbed you, but they were intended to clarify and to provide context.

Since you quoted me, I assume you are referring to me as being nonsupportive. I made two factual statements (the first about GPS and compasses) and the second about the price on Amazon. I'm sorry they perturbed you, but they were intended to clarify and to provide context.
no this actually was not directed in regard to your comment and I didnt ever mean to say the GPS replaces the use of the compass but I also can not find a way to revise my post or change any information. I can not even DM a moderator until I have 5 posts in, except the few who are on a list but not available online...I have a close network of friends in the fire dept that all dive and I am trying to navigate this whole online thing. I really would rather just remove the posting and move on with reading the articles/forums and staying quiet. Selling the watch wasn't even really that important just figured it would suppliment buying the one he really wanted, I already feel dumb enough for buying the wrong one without him there to pick the right one in the 1st place.

I didn't see anyone jumping on you as opposed to reminding other members to be careful. I was careful to phrase my post "I wouldn't purchase this from anyone unknown" rather than something like "I wouldn't purchase this from the OP".

People on this forum generally bend over backwards to help out new divers. You just ran into a very specific situation where caution is called for. Fake or stolen high end computers have been sold on this site. That's why new users are no longer able to post directly to the classified section. Sometimes new members will ask about that policy and we politely let them know. The fact that you just ignored the prohibition and posted with a stock video instead of photos of the receipt and actual computer further raised suspicions.

There's also a theft ring currently operating in the US that uses stolen credit cards to buy this type of computer which they then resell on websites among other places. You can read about it here:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom