Sola 2500 not charging - red/orange flashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ed285

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, I have a Sola 2500 that's not charging. It's not dead, as it flashes red/orange for about two seconds when plugged in, then displays the red charging sequence forever. Anyone know what the red/orange flashes mean when it's first plugged in?

I've already tried the soft reset with tapping and hard reset with the recommended method (not posting by request of L&M). It's not in travel mode, nor hibernating.

can you borrow a 2nd charger to check if it is a charger issue? or check the charger output with a multimeter?

Hi all, I have a Sola 2500 that's not charging. It's not dead, as it flashes red/orange for about two seconds when plugged in, then displays the red charging sequence forever. Anyone know what the red/orange flashes mean when it's first plugged in?

I've already tried the soft reset with tapping and hard reset with the recommended method (not posting by request of L&M). It's not in travel mode, nor hibernating.

Go to the grocery store and get some white vinegar (not apple cider vinegar or any other kind). Put a Q-tip into the vinegar and clean the charger connections, then rinse with fresh water. I've had a few minor charging issues with my L&M Sola 2500 that this fixed. You might have other issues but make sure your connections are clean and eliminate that as a possibility.

A week before going to the Solomons to tick off the bucket list My Sola 800 shat itself.

I am now sharing my success!! after reading the forums on "Sola wont charge".

Key Points :

1. Charger LED indicator does not change from Green.
2. Rattling when light is gently shaken. (Hmmm, A clue Sherlock!!)

Dismantled and removed PCB and Batteries.
Fault: No connection between PCB and Charging terminals
Cause: Foam pad buffering batteries to PCB had fallen forward(insufficent glue)
Remedy: Reglue foam pad to centre of PCB. Clean light head thread and grease O Ring, reassemble and test.

Unit now charges and the Charger LED now turns RED until fully charged.

This was an easy fix. Hope it helps!

Cheers
Arrcey

Back
Top Bottom