Sola 1200 Video Light from Light & Motion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbosveld

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Have one of these. Liked the compact size, power, and ability to run this as a red focus light (low-power is a bit strong for this). It is not broad enough to fill a wide-angle shot (as you can see from the video clip). Three of these could do it well enough. Lately I have been combining this light with a pair of Watershot v3000 lights (separate post on that).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-2KkOoPnQ

Have taken this to 310' with no significant problem (switch operates but is not smoothly - not a big issue). Run times are in line with what L&M report for the light. Recharge time is very reasonable. I am very happy with the light. For what you get (self contained, high-power, flood light, with moderate run-time - this light is good).

Brian

Is this the video or the photo light? I wasn't aware that the video came with a red focus light. If it does, it might be time for me to upgrade from my Sola 800.

You got me. This is the PHOTO light and not their Video light. Their video light does not have a focus light on it. The specs on their 1200 video has the same beam width as the photo. I have not used that version. Looks like it has a Spot option (12 degree beam) as the 'second' function.

Beam width on the 1200s has been pretty good in my experience.

By the way... I HATE the red focus light when I'm filming video in the vicinity of still imagers who are using one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom