Sola 1200 review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The corrosion is less when the contactstop are dry when charching. I had the same, but when I wait a little while and take care to charche when dry, there is almost no corrosion.

Mine refuse to charge if the contacts are dry, even after cleaning them. Maybe I need to do a better job?

I bought a Sola 1200 Dive Light to use it as a primary light. It is a great product that works as advertised. It is great to have it mounted on the back of your palm. It is small, easy to operate and very bright. However, I don't find it so great in more murky water. The flood mode is not helpful because of the backscatter and in the spot mode the beam is not very tight. In such conditions I found myself to prefer my DRIS 1000 backup light, even though the smooth besel makes it somewhat tricky to turn it on and off. A tigher beam makes it easier to see.

Someone said in an earlier post that they think their friend damaged the battery and/or charger by charging it from an inverter. Is this really an issue? I live on my boat. Right now we're tied to shore power, so that won't be a problem, but I'm really hoping to move back on the hook full time. At that point I will need to charge off of one of inverters aboard, or bring all of my batteries to work to charge...and find a Starbucks. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom