Sogod, Puerto Galera and Anilao this Dec...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissElaine

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

Its time for another trip to the motherland and it wouldn't be complete with a week or so of solid diving!

I'll be able to fit in a week and a half this time round, but am looking at a trip that includes Sogod Bay, Puerto Galera and Anilao.

Any recommendations on resorts/accomodation (budget options preferably), and dive sites at these locations?

All suggestions are welcome! Maraming salamat po!

Sogod Bay Scuba Resort was recommended to me by Caloy, and it's now my favourite place to dive in the PI!

You'll have a wonderful time regardless of where you go, I'm sure. :)

If you are in anilao and on a budget check out San Jose Dive Camp by MAKdiver. They are new and very economical. I like Aquaventure resort as it offers the best bang for the buck in terms of rooms/meals/gear/diving. also Planet Dive is another excellent option.

In Anilao, I always stay in Aquaventure, they always make me feel like a senorito.

In Puerto Galera, I've stayed in Atlantis Resort (Atlantis Divers), El Galleon Resort (Asia Divers) and Out of the Blue Villas (Action Divers). All good and with restaurants except for OOTB.

For Sogod, Sogod Bay Scuba resort in Padre Burgos is my fave in the Visayas (stayed there 3 times already). I'll be there with the wifey 26-30 December 09.

if you want to stay at Puerta Galera White Beach vs Sabong there are reasonable accomodations at VM beach resort (Tita Emily 0917 462 7924) and 2 dive shops ,Marco Vincent and Pacific Divers. Pacific is right next to VM and Marco Vincent is 5 minutes walk. White Beach is a little more familt oriented than sabang. the dive sites however are all the same regardless whether you stay at sabang or White Beach

Thanks all for the recommendations...

Annasea/Caloy, what are the chances of seeing the whale sharks the week before xmas? Is it just as good to snorkel? My cousin is coming with me and is a non-diver...

Also, how many days do you recommend me stay at each place? Obviously, if I had unlimited time I'd stay a good while at each, but I want to be able to make the most of my short stay. Are there any dives in particular that I should do?

Thanks again!

3 nights in Sogod would be just fine. You spend 1 day doing the whaleshark safari (7am to 3pm) and at the end of that "safari" you still get a free dive in the house reef. Night dive in the premiere dive site of Sogod/Padre Burgos is only on a monday/wednesday/friday sked. Get the early flight to Tacloban and late flight for your return to Manila.

For Anilao/Puerto Galera 3 days each would be best.

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions. I've sorted out my Sogod Bay trip with Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, now for the rest!

DOR? :)

Christmas party?

(each Balikbayan has to pledge a raffle prize?)

Huh?!?!

If you come to Puerto Galera, I would recommend Dive Dojo, they are small and independent and will recommend the best places to stay for your budget. Speak to Trendy when you get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom