Softwear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buoyant1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all...I've been rooting through some threads about this, but no one really had this answer. I'm considering a purchase from Software and asked Janice a question about the temperatures that her suits are rated to, she really didn't know, but said that the 300 is very popular among divers.

What temps have you taken your software suits to?

I dive quarries and during season, we get 42 degrees at depth, (it's about 38 top to bottom now) I'm guessing the 300, but is that sufficient?

And, how is your suit holding up? Any issues?

I like to be very warm and for temps in the low 40's I use Polartec 300 outdoorwear over polypropylene 100, then add a thick chest pad of 4 layers of 100 weight fleece.

I haven't used Softwear products, but have heard good things about them.

If you're willing to use additional layers, I'd say the 300 is a good start, assuming she's only using a single layer of Polartec.

If you don't get cold easily, it might be fine all by itself. :)

I heard that Ron's Antarctica uses two layers of 300 weight fleece. That might be something to consider.

eBay My World - rondel101bjrr

Dave C

I have a 300g suit that Janice made a few years ago, and I wouldn't think it would be sufficient much below the low 50's, unless you're really cold-blooded.

I don't really use it that much anymore since I bought a DUI 400g Thinsulate suit which is significantly warmer. Nothing wrong with Janice's suit - they're just designed for different temperatures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom