Software to delete logs from dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vinsanity

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know if any of the log software can delete the logs off an Aqualung i200 dive computer?

DiverLog by Pelagic seems to be Aqualung's software of choice, but you can't really do anything with it until you have a cable, which I haven't acquired quite yet.

Thanks,

Pretty sure that no dive computer will let you delete dives. I have seen lots of people ask a similar question.

Why do you want to delete them? The computers I have used all had a fixed memory capacity (as they must) and when full would just write over the oldest data by new data. As long as you download the data often enough you will not loose any data.

Now maybe if you spent a week diving in Hawaii instead of working hard at a conference like you told your sig other and they were going to start using your computer, I guess that makes sense.

When I bought my Mares Matrix it came with factory test dives, as usual. Mares' Dive organizer, at least current version at that moment let me erase those two dives (only from logbook, stats are still counting them). Later and the latest version of DO do not give that option any more.

Pretty sure that no dive computer will let you delete dives. I have seen lots of people ask a similar question.
Shearwater has a delete dive log feature right on the computer.

IIRC, My old Suunto had way to reset it and delete all dive info. As mentioned, with the Shearwater you can easily delete a single dive. I believe the OPs computer has a small log and just writes over the old data as new dives are made.

From my understanding, vendors do not allow complete deletion of dives as they want to ensure accessibility to all information if there is some sort of accident. Shearwater computers do allow for deletion but this is just for the user's view. The original data is still stored on the computer so the "deleted" dives can be retrieved if necessary.

Now maybe if you spent a week diving in Hawaii instead of working hard at a conference like you told your sig other...
Unless my S.O. was also my boss, I'd be more inclined to lie the other way around!

To learn how the computer worked, I took it on the pool dives for my UW cert. I just wanted to delete them (factory reset would be fine too) just to clean up the log so it has only my real dives. Not a bunch of 1 minute dives at 11 ft while practicing decents and assents.

To learn how the computer worked, I took it on the pool dives for my UW cert. I just wanted to delete them (factory reset would be fine too) just to clean up the log so it has only my real dives. Not a bunch of 1 minute dives at 11 ft while practicing decents and assents.

Don't worry about it - just go diving.

There is limited memory in all dive computers, eventually, older dive drop off the end of the dive log, as newer dives push them out of the available space.
How soon you will over write the older dives is down to the available memory and how much data the computer stores. Generally, longer dives mean fewer dives left in the memory.

This can present a problem of you do a weeks diving with the expectation that you can download your dives on returning home. Often you will find that the dives from the beginning of the week has been over written.

Gareth

[ Note - one of the early Suunto's - the companion, i believe - was designed for dive shops to rent out. As such, you could delete the dives by passing next to it. This would delete the memory, ready for the next customer. ]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom