Software for graphing M-Value Relationships

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slamfire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I would like to be able to graph M-Value Relationships for individual decompression profiles I plan. I am using Z-Planner with Buhlmann's ZHL16b to do the planning, but a little more info on were my % M-Value gradients are stacking up for the 16 different Buhlmann tissues would be informative.

I've looked around the web for something out there but I have not been able to find it. Does anybody know if there is something available out there?

I am attaching a sample image of the kind of graph I'd like to reproduce for my deco profiles. This sample image is from Erik Baker's paper on "Clearing up the Confusion About Deep Stops". Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Picture3.png
    Picture3.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 470
Maybe others can help, here. I do not have this info.

Hey Slamfire:

From the article it stated a desktop decompression program with multi-level capabilities, so maybe something like DecoPlanner from GUE. I'd probably ask about it in the DIR forum to make sure though. Some of the peeps over there use various programs for planning all kinds of diving, so I am fairly certain that you will get a good answer there.

Good luck!
Thomas

Mark Eylatt used to have a version of decochek in Microsoft Excel which was really nice because you could see the gears turning. You probably want something like that as a starting point that you can build on. If you ask around someone will probably have an old version of it kicking around. Warning: No gaurantees. Double check everthing or you will certainly die if you use this program etc. etc.

[edit] found a link http://www.inspired-training.com/decochek_dive_analyser.htm scroll down and you can download the excel file.

IIRC Gap shows you the compartment loading for a single profile but it's a bit of a pain to use for different scenarios except by changing the input parameters. I haven't used it for a long time but you used to be able to put your stops into Gap manually and see what it gave you. Maybe that would be useful for you too.

R..

Last edited:
Thanks, Diver0001 and cfelliot. Your suggestions are close to what I am looking for. Elliot, I think that it is excellent that you took it upon yourself to do the excel dive computer. It clearly shows what's going on behind some dive computers when they spit out their numbers.

In a sense, that is similar to what I am trying to accomplish. I want to verify the logic behind the profiles that some planners spit out. Am I doing my deep stops at the most logical depth? Are these profiles promoting inefficient and wasteful use of my gas supplies?

Thomas, I wasn't sure that this was the best place to post this thread. I will post the question in the DIR forum. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thomas, I wasn't sure that this was the best place to post this thread. I will post the question in the DIR forum. Thanks.

Hey Slamfire:

No biggie, you have to start somewhere, even if it's not the perfect place the first time. Had I not known about the DIR forum, I would have posted here too. The DIR folks (and other peeps that are associated with TDI and the such) that do multilevel and multigas dives use certain programs that I think are what you're looking for. I was just reading a thread about a similar discussion earlier in the week.

Good luck!
Thomas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom