Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solmar customer support has not been as effective as in the past. I shall take the cash rather than use a credit card as this will be exchanged in Pesos and have 3% added!!
Thanks for your input
Unfortunately I don't have a contact with the government agency and can only rely on the liveaboards I book with. Has Solmar been of any assistance? I must assume they have some person of contact in Mexico or should be able to offer some guidance for their customers. Personally, I would bring extra cash just in case your application is not approv

I’ve tried to send a direct message to Manuel Sam to see if he has had any luck with his application but it seems I haven’t submitted enough public messages yet. If Manuel Sam sees this I hope he can give an update before he leaves for Socorro on Solmar

@Cybernurse, there is a saying, "Plan for the worst and hope for the best."

If I were you, I would plan on having to pay the fee and be prepared to do so, but I would hope that the steps you have taken up till that point will be sufficient to have the fee waived.

I’ve tried to send a direct message to Manuel Sam to see if he has had any luck with his application but it seems I haven’t submitted enough public messages yet. If Manuel Sam sees this I hope he can give an update before he leaves for Socorro on Solmar
How about that, @Manuel Sam

Sorry, I do not see a DM in my Inbox. Usually Scubaboard sends me an email notification but it didn't get that either.

I'm in the same boat - literally and figuratively. I am down to 3 weeks before departure and still nothing. Time to nudge Pacific Fleet's people again, I guess.

Sorry, I do not see a DM in my Inbox. Usually Scubaboard sends me an email notification but it didn't get that either.

I'm in the same boat - literally and figuratively. I am down to 3 weeks before departure and still nothing. Time to nudge Pacific Fleet's people again, I guess.
I would very much appreciate it if you could let me know the outcome after you speak with them.

I am sorry. I don't have anything to report.

The decision-makers are the officials from CONANP. I do not have a way of contacting them. My only contact is the Pacific Fleet office in the US. They then, in theory, contact the Pacific Fleet office in Cabo San Lucas, and it is those Cabo San Lucas people who deal directly with CONANP.

If I receive anything, I will report.

Today I received word from Pacific Fleet (owners and operators of Solmar V) that I have been approved for full exemption for the trip that departs on April 21. There is supposed to be a clearing letter coming.

That they used the phrase "full exemption" makes me wonder if there is also "partial" exemption.

Today I received word from Pacific Fleet (owners and operators of Solmar V) that I have been approved for full exemption for the trip that departs on April 21. There is supposed to be a clearing letter coming.

That they used the phrase "full exemption" makes me wonder if there is also "partial" exemption.
Great news. It only took 3 months!! Better late than never. Sadly, as we leave for Cabo on Friday, I reckon we will not be as lucky since P Fleet have not heard yet from CONANP. I have been told that sometimes 50% exemptions are offered.

Does anyone know what the current daily rate is in Pesos for the Socorro park fees?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom