Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m beginning to think rocio Del Mar and sister ship quino el guardian are giving out incorrect information. Every other ship I have contacted has stated , you must be a Mexican national. Until a diver can verify they received the waiver, we should assume park fees must be paid.

I’m beginning to think rocio Del Mar and sister ship quino el guardian are giving out incorrect information. Every other ship I have contacted has stated , you must be a Mexican national. Until a diver can verify they received the waiver, we should assume park fees must be paid.

What is contact to apply for waiver and send documents .does it need to be done in advance , or can you present documentation when boarding. I am unable to navigate CONANPP to find out any info. Thanks

At least with Solmar, the liveaboard itself notified me and told me what documents to submit to them (the liveaboard). Then they submitted on my behalf. But it's been 2 months already and still nothing. I have another month to go.

I am pretty sure that it has to be in advance. I would imagine that there ought to be a document from CONANP to either myself that I can bring onboard or to the liveaboard stating that I met their requirements for exemption.

What is contact to apply for waiver and send documents .does it need to be done in advance , or can you present documentation when boarding. I am unable to navigate CONANPP to find out any info. Thanks
My suggestion is to contact the liveaboard you have booked with direct, or if you used a travel agent, they may be able to assist. I have not had any divers experiencing issues to date.

I am joining Solmar next weekend. Applied for a waiver but nothing yet. Has anyone been successful to date?

Here's my communication today with my friend at the Rocio del Mar.

Greg says: Susan, Have you had any US folks apply for the Socorro fee waiver and successfully get it..?

Susan says: Oh yes as long as they meet the conditions.

Susan says: They don't even look at it until the boat is at sea.

I know ... I know ... If it meets the criteria they provided, it should work.

Thanks for that. I still live in hope. My problem is that I’m travelling from the UK and if I don’t know before I join the boat I’ll have to exchange and then carry $100’s in readiness to pay.

Unfortunately I don't have a contact with the government agency and can only rely on the liveaboards I book with. Has Solmar been of any assistance? I must assume they have some person of contact in Mexico or should be able to offer some guidance for their customers. Personally, I would bring extra cash just in case your application is not approved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom