Question Socorro in Nov/Dec with a 3mm + hooded vest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crabcakez

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm in the processes of booking a Socorro liveaboard in either November or December and had a question about wetsuits and water temp for those of you who have been during that time of year. I have a Bare Velocity Ultra 3mm wetsuit and their exowear hooded vest and was wondering of the likelihood of me being comfortable instead of a 5mm considering the average water temperatures during that time of the year? Has anyone done this during this time and been comfortable over the week or otherwise been with others that went this route and were uncomfortable?

In the caribbean @ 80-82F I'm in swim trunks and a rashguard and comfortable, but thats also probably 10 dives over 5-6 days vs 15-20.

3mm will work especially if you have a hooded vest! Jan - Feb would use a 5mm.

Used 5mm in May if that's any help. Brought a 3mm and expected to use that all week. After 1 day, I was spent. REAL glad I brought a 5.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom