Socorro end of May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yikes! Yeah everything I was seeing this time of year is upper 70s!

Yeah ugh!! I’m heading out on Friday on Belle Amie. They said the water temps were supposed to be similar to December but low 70s. Seemed like it warmed up a little bit from last week based on the dive reports but still low 70a. I’m a wimp in the cold and I don’t think my 5mm with Lavacore hooded vest underneath is going to be enough. Ordered some 3 mil shorties to try over but I’m going to go try on a 7/5 today to be safe.

@scubaNYC16

Best of luck on your trip, look forward to hearing about it.

The water temps on my trip in 2019 at the same time of year were 72-74 degrees, mostly 73. I wore a full 7 mm and a 5/3 hooded vest. I was comfortably warm.

This year the water temps were 69-74 degrees, San Benedicto was particularly cold. I wore a full 5 mm and a 5/3 hooded vest. I was cold much of the time, particularly in the last 15 min or so of the dives. I really wish I would have taken my 7 mm suit

I am grateful that we spent our 7th day of diving off Socorro at Cabo Pearce rather than heading back to San Benedicto for the last day. Not only was the water 4-5 degrees warmer, it was the best diving of the trip.

I just got a very stretchy Bare 7mm wetsuit and 3/2 hood to wear over the Lavacore, not messin’ around! Thanks for the moral support. 😉

@scubaNYC16

Have a great trip, let us know how it works out

1719416686078.png

Back
Top Bottom