Socorro Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Mark

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Debbie and I are looking for 2 - 4 people to join us for a week aboard the Nautilus Explorer to Socorro Island next month. Here is the deal, at the Dive Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA) meeting last month, Deb and I met the owner/captain of the liveaboard boat, Nautilus Explorer. This is a high end luxury liveaboard that sails from Cabo San Lucas to Socorro Island. This is known as the "Mexican Galapagos". They have all the big fish stuff that we saw in the Galapagos (hammerheads, Galapagos sharks, reef sharks, white tips, black tips, mantas, eagle rays, whale sharks, etc.) and great reef and wall diving as well. The nice thing is, it is about the half the cost and hassle of Galapagos. I have been told that this is only place in the world where manta rays actually interact with divers. They seem to pick out a diver and interact with that person throughout the dive, sometimes on multiple dives and at least once they actually followed the boat from one island to another! Deb and I have never seen mantas and this sounds like the most incredible place to experience them.

The Nautilus Explorer is normally booked out for 9 months to a year in advance. They usually take December off, but recently they decided to add December departures dates. Due to a number of factors (i.e. the economic downturn) they have not filled all of these spaces. At DEMA they offered Debbie and I a discounted price on 2 to 3 cabins. I know it is short notice, but that is how these deals work sometimes. The cost for the boat part will be $2650.00 per person and includes the stateroom, all food and all diving. Port fee ($65.00), gear rental and tips are not included.

We would board the boat at 9:00 am on Monday December 8, 2008, so we are flying into Cabo on Sunday and will overnight there. We will fly back out of Cabo on Tuesday December 16. We get off the boat at 9:00 am on 12/16/08, but we can get off earlier if needed. I was able to get flights on American with air miles(35,000), but the pay ticket price to Cabo was not bad. Frontier ($404), Continental or Southwest may have direct flights (American is through LAX). I would be happy to email you our flight itinerary if you like.

Let me know soon if you have an interest in joining us or would like more info
Mark & Debbie Wolff
Green Mountain Scuba
303-986-5122 (day)
303-986-4971 (eve)
720-323-4970 (cell)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom