Socks for boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef Tank

Contributor
Reaction score
By the end of the week my feet get a little blistered. Apart from diving enough to get real callouses do thin socks, like polypropylene, work to prevent blisters or do they just bunch up at the bottom of the boots?

Maybe it's the boots, or the fit, or both. You may want to try another pair.

I've had countless boots over the years, from nameless el cheapos to high $ name brands, and never have a single case of blister. Nor any members of my (diving) family, nor any buddies I've dived with.

Unless you're kicking as if your life depends on it, but then you're using too much air...

Maybe it's the boots, or the fit, or both. You may want to try another pair.

I've had countless boots over the years, from nameless el cheapos to high $ name brands, and never have a single case of blister. Nor any members of my (diving) family, nor any buddies I've dived with.

Unless you're kicking as if your life depends on it, but then you're using too much air...

Part of it may be that my feet are too big. :D

I'm using the largest Scubapro boot and the largest Apollo Bio-Fin but my feet are over their 13+ :idk:

Now you tell me...
Just had a quick look and found this: they go all the way to 16. Possible matching fins, to 15.
I don't work there:D.

I had problems with getting abrasions on the tops of my toes after extensive diving. I just picked up a couple of lycra socks. I stick those on and then my boots. I have not had any problems since I started using them. The lycra is a slick fabric so it allows the toes to just slide rather than chafe. The socks last pretty well too. I think I have something like 80 dives on em and no noticeable wear.

When you say your feet "get blisters" what part of the foot is getting blisters?

I have the same problem and have tried several strategies. I'm currently using a silk sock that I originally bought to wear under wool hiking socks. They are working well as I haven't had blisters on the top of my toes for several dive trips. The socks also makes pulling on the wetsuit a lot easier.
I had problems with getting abrasions on the tops of my toes after extensive diving. I just picked up a couple of lycra socks. I stick those on and then my boots. I have not had any problems since I started using them. The lycra is a slick fabric so it allows the toes to just slide rather than chafe. The socks last pretty well too. I think I have something like 80 dives on em and no noticeable wear.

yes wearing simple nylon dress socks will probably help a lot. When I used to golf ball dive and be working in a wetsuit for around 6 hrs per day, I would always wear a thin dive skin and socks under my wetsuit, for comfort. If you typically dive for a few hours every other day or weekend, you will probably not notice any difference, but if you are spending multiple, consecutive days in the water, little things like socks and skins (and a few other tricks) can make things much more comfortable.

Your feet are too big. Quit bein' a little bit*h and just cut your toes off already!

Back
Top Bottom