Socks And Booties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PnL

Reaction score
My wife finds her booties to be a little large and I suggested wearing socks to make things a bit more snug. Is there anything wrong with this?

or some other material that retains heat even when wet.

buy her a better pair of dive booties? They're not that expensive and she won't have to stuff a sock in them. I think that would be quite uncomfortable.

Surprise her! :wink:

I would love to buy her new booties, but she doesn't want to spend the money on them. These particular boots don't come in half-sizes and is the only hard-soled boots our LDS carries. Perhap when we visit other LDS' I can get to try on other booties :)

I was wondering if wearing socks would work or not - if its uncomfortable then I'm sure it will be easy to persuade her to purchase new booties :)

My fins fit very snug with my booties but with my lycra socks they are wonderful! With the booties I have to unbuckle and stick my foot up to the boat to have someone pull them off!

just get a set of insoles and put them in the booties that will take up some of the room and she won't notice them like socks, just take the insoles out to let the boots dry, you can spend as much as you want or very little on the insoles just try dr schoals or something but i would find some made out of something that doesn't retain water.. you will never find a half size dive boot

Long before I became a diver, I bought a pair of neoprene socks. My feet were always freezing when I went to the Bears games. I would think they would be perfect inside the booties.

When I cold water dive (which is 100% of the time), I pair my 4 mm sailing neoprene boots with a 3 mm neoprene sock. It works like a charm. I don't think the socks are made for diving though... my memory is failing me, but I think I got them at a skiing store, though maybe a big sports chair might carry that kind of thing.

The sailing boots (made for dingy sailors) might help with the half sizes issue. They do tend to be thinner (thus the sock), but built more rugged than most dive booties. And they are especially great for those of use who have small feet and therefore have problems with the top of the fins' foot pocket digging into the top of our feet since they have a reinforced panel there for hanging out of dingy's by one's feet.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom