SoCal film location question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetSoot

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm guessing someone in this group will know the answer to this question.

At the end of Jaws, during the closing credits, you can see a sandy bluff, with a narrow beach at the bottom and a lighthouse in the distance; where the two survivors come ashore after the boat goes down.

Anyone know where on the CA coast that location is?

I remember back in the 70's when they were filming some of the underwater scenes about a mile from where I was teaching marine biology here on Catalina Island. Of course we had no clue of the impact the movie would make at that time.

Of course we had no clue of the impact the movie would make at that time.

I heard that the great whites were angered by how they were portrayed in the film and increased the frequency of their attacks on so-cal beach-goers. I believe that this sparked the famous Great White Strike of '82 which put hundreds of union sharks out of work.

Billy

I heard that the great whites were angered by how they were portrayed in the film and increased the frequency of their attacks on so-cal beach-goers. I believe that this sparked the famous Great White Strike of '82 which put hundreds of union sharks out of work.

Billy

My grandfather told me about this... it created a lot of prejudice towards sharks, some of which has remained to this day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom