So....Who's going to SeaSpace this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott,,, I have never been before,,,in looking quickly at their web site,,,is it maily geared toward underwater video and picture taking??

Alan,

It does look geared toward the photogs this year, however it is a blast. We missed last year but the previous years were big fun. All of the equipment companies are there, dive ops, etc. I met and had a lenghty chat with Gary Gentile a couple of years back. As a wrecker to be, you can appreciate how cool that was, he is the King of the Doria!

Anyway, it's a good excuse to get down to the coast and hit a bluewater dive or two.

Scott

Scott of course....been a LONG day!! If it works out,,,I would be in on a trip down to Houston for the event.

I am definitely going. The headliner for the film festival is Norbert Wu and they will be showing 'Diving Under Antarctic Ice'. In 2003 I went diving in Antarctica and a lot of my inspiration came from Norbert's work and publications in National Geographic as well as on the NSF web sites. I can't pass up an opportunity to get to actually meet him.

I went last year and got to meet Howard and Michelle Hall and had a blast. This is pretty much an annual event for me.

Randy Cook

humanphibian:
Anyway, it's a good excuse to get down to the coast and hit a bluewater dive or two.

Unless you plan on a charter trip out in the Gulf, WAY out, you won't see any blue water on this section of the Gulf. More like chocolate milk.

But if you're up to more green lake water, we can plan a dive or two at Twin Lakes.

humanphibian:
Sounds like a good opportunity to do a meet and greet for the Swampers. Does anyone have anything already planned? Also sounds like a good chance to jump into some of the H-Town Local's mudholes. Thoughts? suggestions?.......

I'll be at the show. I also would be willing to come up with a restaurant if anyone wants to meet for dinner.

Hey, I'll dive in a pothole in the parking lot if I can get my head under!! I found a good deal for a day trip out to the rigs, it's out of Freeport, but I'm up for whatever. I've never been to Twin Lakes, what is it like?

After spending hours in the I-10 resurfacing disaster on my March trip to Houston, I am in no hurry to go back. Doubt I will make it this year.

Back
Top Bottom