so... What got you into diving, vintage or othrwise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Watching Sea Hunt, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.......getting my first mask at 14.......a Nemrod round faceplate with the screw held band (still have it).......and McCallisters stock tank, about a half mile behind my parents home.........wasn't deep but I sure liked chasing the crawdads until the bottom silted up by my feet........

Took my first lessons at 17 at the YMCA..........again in Okinawa........and Dive Master here in Fort Worth........class taught by Don Eskow and a special visit by Tommy Thompson of USD.........Eskow was a fairly renowed photographer in his day............

I have one of Tommy Thompson's old repair manual. Interesting to hear his name.

I have one of Tommy Thompson's old repair manual. Interesting to hear his name.
well, my excuse is old age and bad memory.......Tom Eskow (not Don) trained me in Okinawa......Bert Parks a sucessful photographer both under and above the water taught the Dive Master class in 72.........he and Tommy Thompson of USD were pals I think......acted that way anyway........Not sure any of these gentlemen are breathing now..........

Got into it thru a dive buddy that is a vintage diver affectionado first poster to this link,,, first time I dove my DA aqua-master,no BC,Steel 72,oval mask, in the Florida Springs with a group from VDH that graciously allowed this newbie vintage diver to join them I was hooked! And I have to say the group of vintage divers are some real great Guys & Gals' no egos in that group.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom