So we're normalizing relations with Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It might be time for ScubaBoard to Invade Cuba!

That sounds good but I think you should call it something other then an invasion. We said in the 60s we would never invade Cuba again. You could end up walking off the plain and into a jail cell if the Cubans take you literally.

That sounds good but I think you should call it something other then an invasion. We said in the 60s we would never invade Cuba again. You could end up walking off the plain and into a jail cell if the Cubans take you literally.
Ya think??? I guess we'll file this under "Let no joke go unpunished!" When I first came up with the Invasion concept, I was envisioning us invading other countries like we do now. I remember explaining the concept to a business man here in the Keys and telling him that we would be willing to invade just about anywhere, except Cuba.

FWIW, most of the Cubans I know, including mi mselenaous have a wonderful sense of humor. I'm sure they would take it in the spirit it was meant. I know there's a tremendous amount of anti-Castro sentiment and even a certain amount of Cuba-phobia that I would have to deal with personally and publicly before we could do this. I'm patient.

Seems to me the people who live there are just regular people ... and they could probably use a bit of outside economy to help their lives get back to normal. I'd love to be able to legally go dive there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Americans have been able to go to Cuba easily, but illegally for quite a while. We met a nice middle class older couple about 5 yrs ago who had just returned from Cuba. They lived in Arizona and had flown to Mexico City, then on to Havana. Maybe US intelligence knew, or maybe not. I have met others who have simply gone to Canada and flown out of Toronto.

My wife went 5 yrs ago on an academic junket. Not as simple as just purchasing a ticket, going to the airport and getting on a plane. Not even the State Department could tell her for certain until the evening before the travel date whether the group would even be going. I trust that sort of thing will change, especially if credit card usage will be allowed (as I have heard). I also heard that the travel industry is planning for changes that will occur within weeks, rather than months.

Remember when invading to bring your water guns and have them set for "fun".
Also do not forget our "scuba tanks"
article-0-023AD06400000578-685_468x286.jpg

:dork2::dork2::dork2::dork2::dork2::dork2::dork2::dork2::dork2::dork2::dork2::dork2::dork2::dork2:

Seems to me the people who live there are just regular people ... and they could probably use a bit of outside economy to help their lives get back to normal. I'd love to be able to legally go dive there ...

Washington Post: U.S. eases Cuban trade and travel rules as it moves toward restoring full ties

Rules to take effect Friday.

Hey, look at that. Today is Friday!

Merry Christmas, NWGratefulDiver!

---------- Post added January 16th, 2015 at 01:31 AM ----------

-
Washington Post: "Effective Jan. 16, tourists will be able to use U.S. credit cards in Cuba."

Back
Top Bottom