So......should Paris go to jail?

Should Paris go to jail?

• Yes.......she's a disgrace!

Votes: 119 90.8%
  • No........anyone could make that mistake.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Doesn't matter.....Arnie will prolly pardon her anyway.

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonDawg:
Only problem is that is only takes one time for a DUI driver to ruin someone's life forever. He may not make it to work for the boss to take action on him.

Odometers are routinely altered, especially on older cars, so this is not a reliable solution. I wouldn't have a problem with GPS tracking so long as there's a way to ensure the device isn't removed or disabled prior to driving the car. But then you may run into the same cost issues.

As far as the costs, nobody said being busted for DUI is going to be cheap. I don't think the convicted party should be gouged out of their life savings, but OTOH the taxpayer shouldn't have to subsidize his mistake either.

There is no way to make any system foolproof. You want to get around the system? Go buy a cheap used car or borrow someone elses. There's no way to stop people from getting around the system or driving once they've had a DUI. I'm focusing on providing a reasonable solution for those who wish to stay in compliance with the law to continue to working. I honestly couldn't care what the method is.

RonDawg:
As David already posted above, CA and many other states already have provisions for giving the person back their license for limited uses, as long as the circumstances behind the arrest weren't severe (i.e. didn't kill someone or left them paralyzed). While the car certainly won't know if you're driving it for the limited purpose, if caught the penalties are much worse. And in CA, if you're caught driving on a suspended license, on top of additional criminal charges under certain circumstances you can kiss the car goodbye for 30 days, accruing daily storage charges the entire time. That applies even if the car belonged to someone else. :11:

A quick search of Texas laws reveal the penalties are much worse for driving on a suspended here too.

I think some here are really not understanding what I'm trying to say here (this isn't directed at you RonDawg). I have no problem with people paying the price for their mistakes. I would just like there to be a way that person can get back to the straight and narrow. If you don't allow them a path back to the straight and narrow or if it is made extremely difficult to do so it shouldn't surprise you when people continue to get a 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th DUI. After all if you're threatening to send them to jail just for driving to work, why shouldn't they continue to drink? They'll be going to jail anyway.

So, it's the system's fault. With all due respect, I don't buy that statement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom