So Long Tabor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
:sad_2: I am greatly saddend to be posting this. Our 2 year old rottie cross Tabor succumbed to a form of cryptococcus that is extremely rare anywhere in the world except central Vancouver Island. This disease is carried by a fungus found in rotting wood and leaves and for some reason Rathtrevor Park in Parksville is a hot spot for it. A couple of years ago they shut the park down for a while because the incidence rate was so high.
We will miss him greatly.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I'm sure he will be greatly missed. Best wishes...

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle; easily and often breached. Yet, still we would live no other way." - Irving Townsend

I'm sorry to hear this Dave. I remember reading about the bacteria a few years ago but I didn't know it was still a problem. He's a good looking dog. Two years is way too young. This April doesn't seem to be a good month for you when it comes to animals. First the alpacha and now this...

We had to put our dog down last September. She was 14 and her health and senses were failing. Knowing that didn't make it much easier . Soon though you are able to move on and be happy for the time you had, as brief as it may have been.

So, sorry to hear about your loss. I have 2 rotties myself and a few yrs. back we had to put our just 8 yr. old rottie female down due too cancer. it's the hardest thing ever. again, sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom