So just how friendly are we?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many members simply accept all friendship requests, since it’s both courteous and easy. I don’t do that because I enjoy the feature that shows my friends’ recent activity on ScubaBoard whenever I go to “My Profile”.

I was, and still am, somewhat confused by the friends feature. Perhaps more so because I don’t do FaceBook and have no point of reference. I discovered there are some members who collect friends just to see how many they can get (Hockeynut and ONESPEED for examples). After learning how easy it was to reject their requests, I thought about what criteria I would use.

I decided that first I wanted to respect the members who made it to my list, so I looked at the posts the requesters made, and rejected those who were snarky. Eventually my list became a mix of those I respected, those who I knew from outside ScubaBoard, and those with whom we’d exchanged favors (such as sending documents via email).

Perhaps you could check that specific manufacturer member’s forum posts to get a feel for whether you want him on your friends list.

Your criteria are yours and yours alone. Use whatever selection process you like.

Thanks knotical! This is the answer that I was looking for! It seems that I may have been trying to be a bit too cordial in planning what I wanted my friends list to represent without good technical reasoning. I guess you just get out of SB what you get out of it, "Which is a LOT!", and don't sweat the small stuff. So I'll friend who I want, (I truly appreciate friends whom are common to me), and if some do not understand that my friends list actually serves a purpose for me, they will have to accept my apologies. BTW: I don't have a facebook account. Did at one time, but cancelled it, because I didn't have time to fool with it. And the ads rolling around just ticked me off. Snaking around SB is pretty fun though for an old fart of 50 wanting to learn some new tricks.
And HowardE, lighten up. I thought the "tearing a hole in my goody bag" was pretty damn funny! Creativity in conversation makes an otherwise humdrum statement a little mo lively. By the way,
much respect for all your accomplishments!

Now I just wish that I had signed up with a way cooler name than my own!

Nothing wrong with your name, Greg, but if you want to switch to one you think is cooler, just let us know and we'll help you make it happen.

Now I just wish that I had signed up with a way cooler name than my own!

[MENTION][/MENTION]Greg, you could be the "craneman". Well . . .I get my own humour. Sorry to those that don't. :p

Greg, you could be the "craneman". Well . . .I get my own humour. Sorry to those that don't. :p

I don't know what name he should use, but I have picked out his Avatar for him:

karate-kid-crane-kick.jpg

Hey! Avatar is not so bad! How does ScubaCrane sound?

---------- Post added July 28th, 2013 at 11:13 PM ----------

BTW, I dove the Used Tusa Imprex regs this weekend at Lake Jocasse Georgia on the Great Wall of Jocasse. They regs were simply amazing and the adjustable resistance knob was also amazing.
They are probably 8 years old, and have been serviced. But they work very well and breathe smoothly and are very dry except when inverted I got a tiny bit of mist while doing circus tricks.
LDS buddy wants $250 for whole set with console w/compass. I do not think that is too bad considering that I didn't have to rent either them or my wetsuit this whole weekend. It may be a tiny bit on the high side for used with a little age, but I got to try it before you buy it at no cost. And the difference between the Tusa and the other rentals that I have used on several recent dives was amazing. Even the octo breathed every bit as good as the primary. This definately was not the case with my old Sherwood octo. I also tried a new set of Cressi regs this weekend as well and didn't like them at all. One of their cheaper lines. Too tiny! I know, sounds wierd, but I am kind of old school.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom