So I'm not from Canada, but I need some good dive suggestions in the West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, don't mix the ones used for diving and one used for other purposes in the same drawer, and then blindly grab one assuming it's not the diving style :D

OK are we far enough off topic now for someone to step in and slap us both now? :)

And yes, pictures work for me.

Scuba_Steve:
And yes, pictures work for me.
Well, truthfully I didn't want to go there. But ever since Brokeback Mountain...there is a lot more tolerance around.

I know man love when I see it.....ya'll are definetly fond of each other. (it's okay)

catherine96821:
I know man love when I see it.....ya'll are definetly fond of each other. (it's okay)
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

just don't forget about the GIRL that had a question...?

catherine96821:
just don't forget about the GIRL that had a question...?
I think the cowboys scared her off.

Yikes. I live in Saskatoon for part of the year but I'll make sure I get a flight back to PV before she gets here. Who knew that she would be back in Canada when I told her my name was Steve?

Wow. Very off topic, but hey. I'll take it. Didn't mean I'm spending my whole time in Saskatchewan, that's actually just where we're ending up. There will be some exploring of the rest of Canada, but as no one seems to have suggestions, I think I'll just leave my gear at home. Cowboys, underlying homosexual tendencies, and paternity tests/questions aside, thanks for the responses (I guess). Happy diving.

The "brokeback boys" aside (which, but the way, was filmed in Western Canada), if you are heading to Western Canada there is a lot of diving to be had. I'm unaware of anything significant in Saskatchewan. I suspect if there was anything it would be up north in the lake country.

There is a fair bit of in-land diving one province west (Alberta), including several lakes with interesting things in them. Notables:

Lake Minnewanka (Banff National ParK): A townsite and old damsite can be found in this lake. For some pics of the dam look at my photo album. Pretty cool stuff.

Waterton Lake (Waterton National Park): Wreck of the Gertrude, an early 1900's stern-wheeler paddle boat. Not much left but the frame, boilers and pistons. You can also dive in the basin of Cameron falls. Not much to see, but it entertains all the tourists.

Lake Patricia (Jasper National Park): Wreck of the Habbakuk, Canada's attempt at a top-secret weapon during WWII. Neat to see, but a bi*ch to get to...

And, of course, there is the Pasific coast of BC, which has some of the worlds best SCUBA diving (IMO). The list of dive sites in that area is too long to list here, but there is a lot of info to be had on the net - look at shorediving.com to start.

Bryan

ScubaSteveLovesMe:
There will be some exploring of the rest of Canada, but as no one seems to have suggestions
Thats because you never said where you are going. Western Canada is a big place.

Back
Top Bottom