So... I'm going to a meeting in Key West...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrierHPharmD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A voice from the past, croaking from the depths of the Scubaboard Sea...

First of all, hi to everybody. I've been out of touch for a while, starting my business, so many apologies for unanswered notes and calls. This whole entrepreneur thing is pretty time-consuming. That, and being a parent of two teenagers...

But enough of the whining. I'm going to be in Key West around the end of February for a business meeting, and I thought that I'd get in a little diving.

I dived there a few years back, for my AOW, and did Joe's Tug and the Cayman Salvager with South Point Divers, but I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to dive boats and good sites.

It'll be nice to dive somewhere that's not a rock quarry for a change! :dork2:

As always, muchos gracias in advance. :10:

Safe Ascents,
-G

Your best chance of good vis that time of the year would be in the upper keys, just drive up it's only an hour and dive with Conch Republic in Tavernier. The waters are iffy here that time of the year so at least go where you have a better chance at seeing something.
Conch Republic Brenda and Gary 305 852-1655

Go with Dive Key West. Best boat, best service, easy location. I'll send you a PM.

Your best chance of good vis that time of the year would be in the upper keys, just drive up it's only an hour

:rofl::rofl2::rofl3: Do you really live in the Keys??
Seriously, if you're going to give advice on this board, give GOOD advice. :no

I'll have to agree with the drive time. It's takes an hour to get to Big Pine from Key West, and that's if there are no wrecks on US 1.

I dived there a few years back, for my AOW, and did Joe's Tug and the Cayman Salvager with South Point Divers, but I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to dive boats and good sites.

Safe Ascents,
-G

Stick with Southpoint Divers, thier diveshop is located right across the street from the boat now. I've been out with all the others in Key West and no one else compares to them or thier boat. Nobody really goes to Joe's Tug anymore, its in pieces but the Cayman Salver still looks great.
Have fun.

I'll have to agree with the drive time. It's takes an hour to get to Big Pine from Key West, and that's if there are no wrecks on US 1.

And that's just 30 miles :)

Does Dive Key West have a website?? I googled "dive key west" but none of the first 30 hits are for a charter.

:rofl::rofl2::rofl3: Do you really live in the Keys??
Seriously, if you're going to give advice on this board, give GOOD advice. :no

Yes I do !!! It' only takes me 45 min to get to Key West and only 15 maybe 20 to get to Brenda and Gary's because of the Islamorada traffic. And I live almost in the middle of the Keys. Good Advice on what? It is a know fact that the vis is almost always better in the upper Keys. Or that you drive like a turtle.
DFWMTNIANITM

A voice from the past, croaking from the depths of the Scubaboard Sea...

First of all, hi to everybody. I've been out of touch for a while, starting my business, so many apologies for unanswered notes and calls. This whole entrepreneur thing is pretty time-consuming. That, and being a parent of two teenagers...

But enough of the whining. I'm going to be in Key West around the end of February for a business meeting, and I thought that I'd get in a little diving.

It'll be nice to dive somewhere that's not a rock quarry for a change! :dork2:

Safe Ascents,
-G

Wait..is it a phramacy related meeting? When and where, and can I get my wife invited (so we can get a trip to the Keys that we can actually write off for once!) :rofl3:

Only assuming that because of your nic!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom