So I went to Cozumel once again...and all I.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just returned from the Allegro on the 4th and dove with Prodive as well. Unfortunately my camera flooded on day 2, but the memories are priceless. Did you get to see the grey reef sharks hanging out on palancar recently. We saw the babies a couple times and a short glimpse of the 5-6' one. Great dives, we loved our divemaster Karina and Nat. Wished they had told me sooner that I could get 15L tanks, but still a great time had by me and my son. When were you there? Possible we dove together.
22-30th...im sure we did.

That 2nd pic in your video, was that the giant parrotfish at Cedral? We dove Cedral twice around the same time you were there and saw him hanging around the channel both times. Biggest one I've ever seen...

That 2nd pic in your video, was that the giant parrotfish at Cedral? We dove Cedral twice around the same time you were there and saw him hanging around the channel both times. Biggest one I've ever seen...
yep! Biggest PF I've ever seen too!

We just returned from the Allegro on the 4th and dove with Prodive as well. Wished they had told me sooner that I could get 15L tanks, but still a great time had by me and my son.

How did you find out that 15L tanks were available? Our family is planning a trip next June and one of my sons needs a big tank in order to stay with us.

When I communicated with ProDIve and they indicated that 12L was all that was available.

When I communicated with ProDIve and they indicated that 12L was all that was available.
Same here? But they would fill my Pony with Nitrox for free...then I decided not to bring it.

When I communicated online that's what they said, but once on site at Allegro they I nformed me that they could rent them from another source. Cost me $15 extra per 2 tank dive, but the extra bottom time and peace of mind when diving with my son was well worth it.

We got here on Wednesday (Tuesday was not the right day to travel, apparently) and the most exciting thing that happened was going through the "metal detectors" at the ferry dock in Playa. I got everything all ready for inspection, made sure the suitcases were all unlocked, held my breath, and went through. Nothing. No bells, no flashing lights, no being held at gunpoint, nothing. They must not be metal detectors because we brought all the usual scuba gear including a 5.5 lb SS backplate. Are these things just for show? There were two Federales on duty too. Interesting, but the sign says you cannot bring a scuba tank on the ferry. It doesn't say anything about it being empty, full, or whatever. I'm just glad that no alarms went off and we made the 7:00 pm ferry. :)

the most exciting thing that happened was going through the "metal detectors" at the ferry dock in Playa.

Oops, I forgot--the other exciting thing that happened was the special at El Pechugon! It came with Spanish Spaghetti. I admit I was a bit skeptical, but we like it a LOT! They make the best rotisserie chicken I've ever had.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom