So I went to Cozumel once again...and all I.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
got was this lousy video:)

Stayed at the Grand Occidental and dove with ProDive for the 3rd time in 21/2 years...I'm going to let the video speak for itself, but I'll only add...no matter where you stay, no matter who you dive with, COZUMEL ROCKS!

How did you like Occidental Grand? Traveling alone I stayed at Casa Mexicana, but had my wife and 5-year old been along I'd have aimed for an A.I. resort with a sandy beach, nice grounds and ideally a kids' program. Trying to keep straight in my head which ones have which advantages gets to be a hassle.

Richard.

How did you like Occidental Grand? Traveling alone I stayed at Casa Mexicana, but had my wife and 5-year old been along I'd have aimed for an A.I. resort with a sandy beach, nice grounds and ideally a kids' program. Trying to keep straight in my head which ones have which advantages gets to be a hassle.

Richard.
We thoroughly enjoy this resort! My only complaint from three stays is the AC blows down on the bed! So, I loosen the top screws and place a towel over the top of the diffuser diverting the flow down for the week.

The rest is the best bang for the buck imho $1100.00 for eight nights food and drink included for TWO!( depending on time of year, but we hit price range all three times)..the Allegro, right next door and same owner I believe is more kid friendly, but I only heard this in conversation. The staff are family and the food, the best of the three visits. The manager and head chef walked the beach asking how the foods were...that’s impressive. I had some great meals there last week!!!!

Free Nitrox from On site ProDive at either resort is a nice bonus on an already low dive package.

We like it, we’ll be back!

Side note...don’t get involved with any timeshare offer from these resorts! The net is full of horror stories...

We thoroughly enjoy this resort! My only complaint from three stays is the AC blows down on the bed! So, I loosen the top screws and place a towel over the top of the diffuser diverting the flow down for the week.

Side note...don’t get involved with any timeshare offer from these resorts! The net is full of horror stories...

Is that the kind that constantly changes direction? It might be set to stop right there. I've had good luck setting it back to the variable setting, and then stopping it at just the right time. Some of the remotes are easier to figure out than others.

I think ALL timeshares are horror stories.

Is that the kind that constantly changes direction? It might be set to stop right there. I've had good luck setting it back to the variable setting, and then stopping it at just the right time. Some of the remotes are easier to figure out than others.

I think ALL timeshares are horror stories.
No remote, its central AC with a wall diffuser. On/Off blowing/not blowing...but the AC is NICE and cold!

We just returned from the Allegro on the 4th and dove with Prodive as well. Unfortunately my camera flooded on day 2, but the memories are priceless. Did you get to see the grey reef sharks hanging out on palancar recently. We saw the babies a couple times and a short glimpse of the 5-6' one. Great dives, we loved our divemaster Karina and Nat. Wished they had told me sooner that I could get 15L tanks, but still a great time had by me and my son. When were you there? Possible we dove together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom